Soil EVERYBODY will love!

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
image.jpg I make a soil that will make your trees THRIVE!
It is made of High Fired clay particles, Pine Bark, and an organic mix that is very specialized.
I have a general blend, or I can sell you the 3 different aggregates separately and you can mix it to suit your needs.
All of my soil is sorted and sized separately to 1/4"- and 1/16+ mixed proportionally, with just enough Micorrihzae added to make your trees roots except the soil immediately!
Send me a PM and I will send you a free sample.
For purchase up to a 20lb bagimage.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 6

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
View attachment 80334 I make a soil that will make your trees THRIVE!
It is made of High Fired clay particles, Pine Bark, and an organic mix that is very specialized.
I have a general blend, or I can sell you the 3 different aggregates separately and you can mix it to suit your needs.
All of my soil is sorted and sized separately to 1/4"- and 1/16+ mixed proportionally, with just enough Micorrihzae added to make your trees roots except the soil immediately!
QUOTE]
Hmmmmm.... Could you expand upon the highlighted portion above? My interest is piqued.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh dear... There is not a soil mix "everyone will love" around here. Yours looks fine my friend, but if there is one thing people will never agree on at Bnut, it is DIRT.
You must try it, it is not some new crazy thing. It is an old recipe that was to hard to make mass amounts of, but we got past that.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The one thing I see in the sample in the clear bag, is that there are some particles in the mix that are quite larger than the rest.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
EXcept! a Freudian Slip?
I did not mean to make you or anyone else feel misguided.
We have had excellent results with this soil and are positive that Micorrihzae and the way we produce and apply it has an advantage.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like a lot of fines (peat moss?) and large variance in particle size...not generally considered ideal. But if you want to send me a sample, that would be great.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like a lot of fines (peat moss?) and large variance in particle size...not generally considered ideal. But if you want to send me a sample, that would be great.
PM an address and I will send it.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I was under the assumption that you havent been doing bonsai for long, would I be wrong?

Could you further explain the statement "to make your trees accept the soil immediately" ? Do you mean that it shortens a trees recovery time after transplanting? How so?

Soil is one of those things that is dependant on your conditions. What works in say Arizona likely wont in New York. You will never get everyone to agree on a good soil mix. Some swear by turface or akadama while others despise it.

Yours does look decent, but a list of ingredients would be nice. Looks like peat is the organic component.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
New to here but I don't reckon new to bonsai.
If you haven't seen the Boxwood on the other thread.......or the other reply to me....

You really should post some pics of trees growing in this Stick.

I ain't the most influential, but I'm with you so far!

To be quite honest, I refrained from talking shit at first. Well, shit to lighten what other people may say.

This ain't the easiest crowd!

Bunch of doubting Thomas' if you're into the Bible.
Gotta see it to beleive it if you ain't!

Let's give him(stick)a righteous chance guys!

Thanks!

Sorce

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I would just like to know what type of trees these have been used on with the success that you are having. Is this soil more geared towards deciduous trees or conifers? I would also like to see you expand on the information about the soil, and what the clay component is in this soil. Also you say "we" so there must be another entity involved, can you tell us more? I'm not being negative, I think your offer of samples is a great idea, but do wish for more information and background if possible.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It looks like turface, turkey grit, pine bark and peat moss. Looks like someone has dreamed up a get rich scheme and is hoping people are stupid.

I would never buy soil unless I know exactly what is in it and in what proportion. I am sure others here feel the same.

Would you put your $500+ tree in something you didn't know what it was?
No you wouldnt.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thats kind of what I was referring to.

@Paradox I think he may have come a lil fast and sure, but I don't think dishonesty is in the cards.

@Stickroot .

You gotta defend your name soon!
This is a giant ass forum, that spreads to others, so a lot is at stake!

I'm still with you.

Sorce

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bunch of doubting Thomas' if you're into the Bible.
Gotta see it to beleive it if you ain't!

Let's give him(stick)a righteous chance guys!

Thanks!

Sorce

Umm, the comments that have been made are based on seeing what he posted...a picture of a soil mix that appears to contain a wide range of sizes, including lots of very fine material that looks like peat. Why should anyone be surprised that there are questions being raised?

I may take him up on his free sample offer, but based on the photos posted I'm not sure it's worth my time.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I have taken Stickroot up on his offer and will hopefully have a sample shortly. My concern, which I voiced to Stickroot, was the long term stability of the soil given that there was a significant amount of organics in it. With that in mind, I won't have any definitive answers for at least a few years, and my results will provide a sample of one. Not very scientific but what the hell...

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How much is in the sample - is it the bag shown in the first post? Maybe 2 cups worth?

Top Bottom