Soil Storage

62veedub

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hey! So, I did a search and didn’t come up with much info, just a couple of older threads. What are you guys doing to store your soil ingredients? I’m trying to buy my ingredients in larger quantities due to them being harder to come by. I like to sift them then store ready to use.

When I was in Oregon, I stored them in trash cans with lids. We had Black Widows, but they normally didn’t try to nest around the cans much. Here in AZ I have slightly less space and have to worry about scorpions.

I need to store the material outside, so bags really won’t last very long. I guess I need something heavy duty, water tight, and scorpion resistant. Ideas and pics are welcome!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I use large (~30 gal) plastic storage boxes for each type of soil (lava, pumice, akadama, kanuma).
I can stack them 2 high in the garage to save some space.
When I sift and make mixtures, I use 5 gallon buckets.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I use regular household storage boxes. I have some with lids. But as I live in a baby-friendly-zoology country, no need to worry about bites/stings and I prefer without lids. Mine are stacked in my workshed; doubt they are UV resistent..

62veedub

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks guys, I’ll look around and see what fits.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wished a couple of these into existence, got another one in the garage with a lid.

20210127_110009.jpg

The zoom out shows the 3 coolers I wished into existence too.
20210127_110012.jpg

To drive home the point, all 10 sheets of my drying glass was also wished into existence.
20210127_110024.jpg

have to worry about scorpions.

I would like to see you have a healthy awareness of your surroundings over a stressful worry!

🧘🏼‍♂️

Sorce

62veedub

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I would like to see you have a healthy awareness of your surroundings over a stressful worry!

🧘🏼‍♂️

Sorce
I think I owe you a thanks, but my GC’s today have been yelling enough that I’m not sure what is good and who is grumpy! So, thanks!

Top Bottom