Some bonsai folks have guns

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hi,

Gotta love French hypocrisy:

Third Reich--including the Vichy French--millions of Jews murdered, concentration camps and numerous atrocities --see especially the racial policies imposed by your countrymen...
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-french-vichy-regime
French Indochina atrocities
https://sites.tufts.edu/atrocityendings/2015/08/07/indochina-1st-indochina-war/
Algerian French atrocities
http://theconversation.com/its-time...past-and-debate-crimes-against-humanity-74886

Mon Dieu!

Yes, you're right, a country, its people, has to come to term with history.

Vichy : the Republic came to term with what the "Etat français" did in WW2. We did that.

... What about the CIA recruiting former Nazi criminals who was responsible for tens of thousand chilldren, men and women to support dictatorships in south America?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Barbie

Just read what kind of person the US protected, supoported, and allowed to help dictatorships. And there are so many more examples.

French Indochina atrocities:

Er, you seem to forget how many of your people got hooked on hard drugs because they couldn't bear the atrocities they had to do in vietnam when they were stoned, how the veterans were ill-treated when back home and the consequences on your US society:

One among many others:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

"Some authors have argued that the light punishments of the low-level personnel present at Mỹ Lai and unwillingness to hold higher officials responsible was part of a pattern in which the body-count strategy and the so-called "Mere Gook Rule" encouraged U.S. soldiers to err on the side of killing too many South Vietnamese civilians. This in turn, Nick Turse argues, made lesser known massacres like Mỹ Lai and a pattern of war crimes common in Vietnam"

I was abouit 20 when this came out. I just couldn't understand how that could have happened. When I read some posts here, I begin to understand. they will always find some weirdos to kill; kill, kill, wow, my gun, my gun, - kaboom-boom-boom!!!!!!

(so fun)

Algerian French atrocities:

Ah, what do you know about atrocities in algeria at that time,

Yes, torture was commponplace. That was in the 1950s-1960s.

Er... Abu Ghraib, when was that again?...

Oh, two generations later, and the USonians still didn't comply with the Geneva convention:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_prison

I see:

When colonialist fascists are from the US, it's "America Great Again".

When a country has come to terms with its horrible past, it's...

What is it exactly? Some of you are so ignorant that they'll never understand why they, or their kids died. You're so stupid. Like the soldiers in the Wermacht, not the nazis, just the stuopid soldiers who were willing to die for... for.... They never had the chance to think about it, they just died, an,d you can find their names on tombs all over Europe.

A country that has helped war criminals not only to escape, but has offerd them protection and money to carry on their racist, nazi ideology has no lesson to tell those who suffered in their flesh and blood. At leat, my family knew what they were fighting for. They were not drafted or mercenaries.

My uncle was sent to Auschwitz. His butchers were exflitrated by the US, and most of them lived a happy life in the USA, so don't lecture me about what's right or wrong.

Learn history, get to know people, travel a bit.

Maybe you'll see that fascism is a dead end.

Les pissenlits (the dandelions).

We would go pick them in the spring with my father, add some boiled eggs, a tad of garlic, and some shallots. that was delicious. OK, it's in French (Ricet Barrier was a French Swiss)

Last edited:

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Went to see my new neighbourghs.

Sonia and Alexandre, both Portuguese.

Got all pretty drunk, pointed out that my gate is always open, that my backdoor is never locked, that they cvan come in any time, even when i'm not at home.

Hey, isn't that what life should be?

:cool:

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i put him on ignore a year ago and never looked back.

ive never seen him post anything other than france is awesome, america sucks, links to some random crappy music, and guns/religion/trump are the root of all evil.
He is the top candidate to ignore if you want to have a better Bnut experience.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Stupid. So stupid.

Some of you USonians are really weirdos.
Appalling. And some of you pretend to be "Christians", HA!

Such hatred in the name of "JESUS"?!!!!!!

OMG, racists, that's what you are.

I don't believe in god, but if there was one, you'd burn in hell.

PS: don't worry there is no hell, nor paradise. Just the real world. And in the real world there are countries (cultures) where owning a gun, shooting oneself or another person is considered as a deviant outcome, or inanother place a right according to a medieval amendment to the local constitution.

Want statistics?

0h, all right, all scientific data is biased, it's fake news.

Yes, yes! The earth is flat and Adam fucked dinosaurs!:::

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

(frankly, I don't care much about this interpretation, I just hope that the ignorants will take this excuse to spill out their fascist bile : bleeding out a sheep or a swine, it's all the same to me)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
watchndsky said:

i put him on ignore a year ago and never looked back.

ive never seen him post anything other than france is awesome, america sucks, links to some random crappy music, and guns/religion/trump are the root of all evil.
He is the top candidate to ignore if you want to have a better Bnut experience.

Such an honor, thanks ;)

Your pettinnes is so funny, your one-sided ignorance is so gross that's it's a real good laugh :D

Booooh, you little people who hate the rest of the world, boooooh, back in your tiny great hole (again) :p

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fake news.

Try accurate info, learn someting, be a decent adult.
"Fake news" is such a convenient excuse isn't it? Don't like something? It's fake. We should call you Donald...Stop being so intellectually dishonest. NYT is hardly fake news moron.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I heard that the crime rate in such states as Ohio has dropped in the past year, including violent crimes. I wonder why.

Violent crime is down dramatically in the United States since it peaked in 1991. It's actually down about 50% in the last 23 years (violent crimes per 1000 residents).

Violent crime in the United States is highly variable based on location. A handful of zip codes represent a majority of violent crime. Chicago, as our 3rd largest city, has been struggling with an uptick of violent crime in the last few years driven completely by gang violence. More violent crime is committed in four neighborhoods than in all of the rest of the city combined.

2018_city_map_072518.png

Our most violent state? Washington, DC. Our least violent? Maine. The violent crime rate in DC is 10x that of Maine.

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Violent crime is down dramatically in the United States since it peaked in 1991. It's actually down about 50% in the last 23 years (violent crimes per 1000 residents).

Violent crime in the United States is highly variable based on location. A handful of zip codes represent a majority of violent crime. Chicago, as our 3rd largest city, has been struggling with an uptick of violent crime in the last few years driven completely by gang violence. More violent crime is committed in four neighborhoods than in all of the rest of the city combined.

View attachment 202744

Our most violent state? Washington, DC. Our least violent? Maine. The violent crime rate in DC is 10x that of Maine.

To this point, the beautiful Capital City of Florida, Tallahassee, has the highest violent crime rate per capita in the state. Our county is about 700 square miles, and 95% of that violent crime occurs in a 6 square mile area. The parts of town where MOST of the residents live have almost no violent crime. While there is some correlation to poverty, it’s FAR more about bad choices. Our unemployment rate is well-under 4%.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
To this point, the beautiful Capital City of Florida, Tallahassee, has the highest violent crime rate per capita in the state. Our county is about 700 square miles, and 95% of that violent crime occurs in a 6 square mile area. The parts of town where MOST of the residents live have almost no violent crime. While there is some correlation to poverty, it’s FAR more about bad choices. Our unemployment rate is well-under 4%.

In 2016 Chicago had more homicides and shooting victims than New York City and Los Angeles combined. :( However I lived in downtown Chicago for 8 years and never saw a single violent crime and never found myself in a situation I thought dangerous - primarily because I didn't hang out in the violent parts of town.

I now live in Orange County, California, and our county (with slightly over 3 million residents) actually has a higher population than the city of Chicago.

Violent crime rate (per 1000 population)
Chicago: 11.05 (2016)
United States (entire country): 3.86 (2016)
California (entire state): 3.96 (2014)
Orange County: 2.00 (2014)

The other story is the "type" of violent crime. In the last 10 years Orange County experienced 26 murders (total 2007-2016). In 2017 we had a single murder. Most of our violent crime is burglary and assaults.

Chicago experienced 682 murders just last year (2017)

I am not trying to suggest Orange County is good and Chicago is bad. I am just trying to illustrate that violent crime in this country is complicated on multiple levels - and that looking at totals or averages will never tell the entire story - even when comparing population centers of 3 million people.

Last edited:

Solaris

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Stupid. So stupid.

Some of you USonians are really weirdos.
Appalling. And some of you pretend to be "Christians", HA!

Such hatred in the name of "JESUS"?!!!!!!

OMG, racists, that's what you are.

Says the most clearly bigoted member of this site.
What, pray tell, do you think you're doing with all of your hypocritical rants? You blame everyone in America for everything Americans have done, including things that happened well before some of us were born, and yet accept nothing for anything France has done. You act as though your country were far superior to every other country we care to name, and then proudly proclaim what a learned world traveler you are (never mind that there's a reason French tourists are the most hated in the world for a reason). You speak of gun ownership as though it were based in cowardice, and speak in vague terms about how we're all your moral inferiors because we'd rather take care of ourselves than let someone else do it for us. You rustle up historical events as though they had any bearing on anything, and your 'rebuttals' are childish at best. I just looked over the last couple of pages, and saw nothing remotely related to the actual topic of discussion. It's just you excreting more of your jingoistic nationalism with all the myopic arrogance of a Trumplican.

Not, of course, that you have the grace or sense to stop embarrassing yourself further.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

If US owns 40% of the world's guns, logic suggests that if gun ownership and homicide are related, 40% of the world's murders should occur in the US, right? :)

Or that the state with the highest per capita gun ownership (Wyoming) has the highest per capita murder rate.

I think Australians have an extremely skewed view of the US based on "fake news" videos such as this. You would think that to travel to Texas, everyone is a gun-toting cowboy. Texas gun ownership? 1 in 47 people in Texas own guns.

Of course, all of my data is based on legal registered firearms, since... if you are going to break the law and own an illegal gun in the first place, what gun laws are going to stop you?

Australians are rightfully proud of their recent drive to take guns out of the hands of their citizens - and have corresponding data to show how it has dramatically reduced their overall murder rate. What they aren't so vocal about is the neighborhoods where the guns were removed, and the drop in murder rates among what ethnicities? Murder rates among affluent Australiain white communities remains unchanged - as does gun ownership.

Last edited:

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
LIberal democratic-run cities= high crime rate. Look it up. No one wants to talk about THAT.

thats because gun laws arent strict everywhere, or the assault weapon ban didnt go far enough, or bush told us there were weapons of mass destruction, or white privlege, or the cause nra scares people into thinking someone is trying to infringe on your rights so they can sell more guns - its everyones fault except the people committing the crimes in the first place.

surprisingly its the one thing i dont heard trump being accused of or blamed for - but im sure thats coming too.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
People reading this thread could come to the conclusion that I am rabidly pro-gun. I'm not. However I can't stand when people cherry-pick their statistics to try to prove a point - particularly when the statistics they choose are the proverbial mote in God's eye.

Solaris

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
People reading this thread could come to the conclusion that I am rabidly pro-gun. I'm not. However I can't stand when people cherry-pick their statistics to try to prove a point - particularly when the statistics they choose are the proverbial mote in God's eye.

I don't even own a firearm. 'Tis my secret shame.
Weird how internet arguments work out, isn't it?

Top Bottom