Some future yamadori projects

twarawa

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2A
Just thought I would share a few pics of some trees I collected this spring for future projects. They all seem to be very healthy and should provide some fun and learning in the future.

First is a spruce. It was found on a power line right away that gets cleared on a semi regular basis. I don't have anything for scale but the trunk is about 2" at the base and the height is about 30".

DSCN0051 by tylerwarawa, on Flickr

DSCN0048 by tylerwarawa, on Flickr

DSCN0049 by tylerwarawa, on Flickr

DSCN0050 by tylerwarawa, on Flickr

twarawa

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2A
Here is a pic of a spruce that I found growing like a shrub. I didn't know until later but the main trunk was damaged (likely during the winter) and I ended up losing it. Now its a whole bunch of really low branches in a shrub form. It even started to produce cones this year although I did remove them.

DSCN0052 by tylerwarawa, on Flickr

twarawa

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2A
The third one is a tamarack I found growing by a swamp. It appears to have lost a main trunk at some point in its life too. It is about 40" tall right now with a 3" trunk that I will eventually chop much lower. I like the bark on this tree as it already has an aged look to it and not the young bark found on most healthy tamaracks.

I do have a plan for this tree in the coming years that will eventually see that low branch turn into deadwood.

DSCN0045 by tylerwarawa, on Flickr

DSCN0046 by tylerwarawa, on Flickr

DSCN0047 by tylerwarawa, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and enjoy!:D

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I think you will have many problems with the root on the first one.

Top Bottom