Some juniper maintenance.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good to "see" you.

I agree with the round pot idea, but I think a wider shallow oval will better compliment the expanse of the composition.

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Ya know how I hate to be picky, but the Japanese ethic of the shallow pot may be influenced by the climate that rains everyday. I think most of Australia is a lot drier and while Junipers can take a lot drier conditions than lots of other trees, I would still stick to a deeper pot for a group even if only because groups have a tendency to have one or more individuals with proportionally fewer roots than the average of the group.

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ya know how I hate to be picky, but the Japanese ethic of the shallow pot may be influenced by the climate that rains everyday. I think most of Australia is a lot drier and while Junipers can take a lot drier conditions than lots of other trees, I would still stick to a deeper pot for a group even if only because groups have a tendency to have one or more individuals with proportionally fewer roots than the average of the group.
Yes but it's not a group. It's one tree

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Good to "see" you.

I agree with the round pot idea, but I think a wider shallow oval will better compliment the expanse of the composition.

Sorce
Probably but my pot selection is extremely limited...

Dzhokar

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
This got an exclamation from the husband passing by. Beautiful.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks good, I prefer the round pot verse the rectangle.

Top Bottom