Roy Minarai

Sapling
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted, thought I'd post some new pots that came out of the kiln recently. Contrary to what some would have people believe, the construction quality, thickness of walls (which isn't really an issue for me, I slab build everything and my slab roller is pretty precise ) and fit and finish are high quality, I just personally like to use "loud" glazes. Also I threw in an example of a pot and tree pairing that I think works quite well (tree is Bjorns, pot is mine) Enjoy!!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That pairing is quite stunning Roy, it does not overpower the tree to my eye. I love the upward drip pot, and the color on that is very nice as well. I could imagine spring deshojo maple leaves with that.
Glad you posted these here!

Roy Minarai

Sapling
Reaction score
Thanks! Most of these pots besides the gold are sold. I may be keeping the gold for me, I keep thinking about a red chojubai in it...

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks! Most of these pots besides the gold are sold. I may be keeping the gold for me, I keep thinking about a red chojubai in it...
I can understand that! I bet it is a struggle to get yourself to sell ANY of these! LOL
You sold the yellow/ green one with the inverse drip?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I can understand that! I bet it is a struggle to get yourself to sell ANY of these! LOL
You sold the yellow/ green one with the inverse drip?
Roy, you HAD to have kept that one!

I don't think I've seen the glaze on the fourth one before with the blue crackle glaze. That's wonderful!

Lars Grimm

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Roy, are you still selling mostly on Facebook? I haven't seen any of your stuff listed recently and nothing on the new website.

Lars

Top Bottom