some of my nippon/montauk daisy

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
repotted a few mos ago from lady down the st who sells trees from front yard.
i have 5 in total, two in individual training pots, and then these three
they are starting to grow out nice now...will need a cleanup

View attachment 379869
Keep them in full sun or they will get leggy.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Keep them in full sun or they will get leggy.
good to know. the one in photo is mostly full sun, the other two are full exposure. ill make sure to keep them in the hot stuff for now on, thank you

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Also if you want to add movement be sure to wire them when the stems are soft. Leave the wire with an extra long tail so you can continue to wire with the flush of growth. If you try to wire once they become hard they will snap easily.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Also if you want to add movement be sure to wire them when the stems are soft. Leave the wire with an extra long tail so you can continue to wire with the flush of growth. If you try to wire once they become hard they will snap easily.
noted, thanks @Pitoon

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I had some flowers set seed last fall and the wind scattered seeds all over my pine saplings. So I now have seedlings growing in the same pots. I'm going to let them grow to see if there's any differences in flowers between the mother plant.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I was wondering about this. The ones I got from you are big and healthy, just not sure what to do with them. Sorry @hinmo24t , not trying to hijack your thread.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If the stems have hardened you can try to wire and bend just a little everyday to avoid snapping. If not you can always cut back to start over. As long as you don't cut back after July you should still see flowers in the fall.

Top Bottom