Some stuff on my stands and benches

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for showing, it is always wonderful to see numerous trees folks have!

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Gets a bit larger, soon to have tours? Serious always great to see your area(s) - I appreciate how time consuming that all is for certain and your ability to keep it subtle ;)

Grimmy

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I was expecting lichen or moss growing. What a surprise! Lovely collection you have.

This one had me drooling...history on it?
image.jpg

Also liked the weeping tree...just because the style caught my eye early on in my bonsai walk.

image.jpg

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
It's always a treat to see some nice trees in nice surroundings! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have more details on the one in circle?
choppey1.jpg

Send that weeper over my way if it ever gets on your nerves :D

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
This one had me drooling...history on it?

The tree was a super lanky ugly thing in a maybe 18" opening in a sidewalk. One of three. It had three or four arms initially. My secret source aka my yard guy cut them out in front of a guys office and threw all three over my fence. When I first saw them I just laughed because I thought they had no chance. They had these little square chopped rootballs from cutting out with a Sawzall and only a few inches deep. The main trunks on two of them were chopped off and a smaller branch that had closer in foliage was chosen as the 'tree' going forward. They lived! I did two like that and left the other to grow. Undecided on its future. This was about 18 months ago. Got em healthy and both were given their initial styling by Bjorn about a month ago.

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
It's always a treat to see some nice trees in nice surroundings! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have more details on the one in circle?
View attachment 154146

Send that weeper over my way if it ever gets on your nerves :D

The rock planting is just some small mixed trees and some diff sedums. The trees are blue point and Parsonii Juniper a small yew and an ilex. I think there are 5 trees and the moss and stuff has grown in well. Probably been together about 2 yrs.

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
Gets a bit larger, soon to have tours? Serious always great to see your area(s) - I appreciate how time consuming that all is for certain and your ability to keep it subtle ;)

Grimmy

Going to an open house tomorrow - 5 acres mostly cleared. Looking to get outta the neighborhood life. Then I won't have enough trees haha.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@choppychoppy ... That is just...WOW MAN! Unbelievable that the final image I see before me came from such material. Bjorn did the original direction then. Man...making the decision to place it in his hands...patting you on the back. Unbelievable...still rubbing my eyes on how they are the same material...and the story! Thanks for sharing it with me/us here.

What is that weeping species? Just curious by the way...

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice work @choppychoppy . Thanks for posting, love seeing all the different ones you have. Raintrees looking lush :cool:

Top Bottom