Some trident seedling

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
IF stratification was complete, within a few days after putting in a warm spot the first can start germination.
It wasn’t the full time, only 53 days. It’s been a week and nothing yet :confused:

I’ve got more in the fridge, I’ll plant some more after 90 days as well

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can you see the seed, or just the substrate? Germination is not showing up above ground. But patience is a virtue.
I would have left them longer. Or better, I do stratification the natural way, outside in natures fridge. But you have to have that luxury.

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
Can you see the seed, or just the substrate? Germination is not showing up above ground. But patience is a virtue.
I would have left them longer. Or better, I do stratification the natural way, outside in natures fridge. But you have to have that luxury.
They were fresh off 2 different trees in the middle of winter, so they had half natty stratification, and 53 days in the fridge.

I can only see my substrate, maybe there’s some magic happening belowo_O

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You might be surprised. I had a lot of seeds come out in one spot. THen nothing for weeks. THen.. Over 6 weeks seeds kept poking up. Just patience

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
where are you planning on chopping them?

BonsaiDTLA

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anticipating the beginning of the growing season within the next month or so, I started some spring cut back and wiring on these. Most if not all will likely get a re-pot in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Alright, I'll take them both. Send me the invoice and feel free to ship at your convenience.

Top Bottom