Something strange on trident maples leaves

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
Hi all hope all is well.
I noticed something strange today following all the lines of the veins on the top side of all of the leaves on my trident.
I've treated with pesticide and fungicide im just trying to identify what it is.
20190411_165707.jpg20190411_165235.jpg
Sorry for the poor pics but the white specks are so tiny there difficult to see let alone photograph.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Okay....you just made me sing and laugh. I read your title....and out of my vocal cords came: “Something strange....Who you gonna call....Ghostbusters”. However, maybe the Ghostbusters never made it memorably big in England. In that case I’m just rolling in my own grins.
No advice on your problem. Just a good memory for me....maybe you too. Thanks.

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
I was thinking they maybe some form of eggs but I could be wrong I've looked at them under magnification and they are just white spheres and you can brush them off with your finger too

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Just pollen mine hasi it

Attachments

• BEB543B1-E2C2-4526-8D22-71EA174715A2.jpeg
    BEB543B1-E2C2-4526-8D22-71EA174715A2.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 51

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pollen....good to know. For a minute I thought it had Foemina blight. That will take all the leaves in a night.

Benny w

Yamadori
Reaction score
If its scale you will know by certain signs like black leaves and maybe some black dots as this is the feces from the scale. If there are scale look at leaves above wherever there are black dots. Also repot it to a better substrate. And also after the elm is in a little shade after repot put that thing outside.

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
If its scale you will know by certain signs like black leaves and maybe some black dots as this is the feces from the scale. If there are scale look at leaves above wherever there are black dots. Also repot it to a better substrate. And also after the elm is in a little shade after repot put that thing outside.
Sorry?
What elm and whats wrong with the substraight. lol
Plus I don't have any trees indoors where did you get that from.

Top Bottom