Something wrong with one of my wisteria?

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hello fellow nut-head. I bought two, yes two wisteria from Homie De a month ago and I noticed one has a reddish type color on new growth. The other one is plain light green. I did not fertilize it. Just plain ole water, both watered same time and placed at same place in the yard. I would assume they both came from the same batch and same mother plant.

Right now the green one is potted in dirt/peat moss/perlite, 30/30/40
Reddish one potted in dirt/peat moss/oil dry, 30/30/40
This is kind of an experiment to see which medium works better. I really don't think it matter as both drains well. But perlite one is a whole lot more airy though. Seems to breath a lot better.

Is there anything wrong with the reddish one as it don't look normal to me?

You'll notice the light green on the right side, and top and lower left.
065cff9b-38f1-4ae5-873f-11ac62b4f779_zpsdxwkwu1v.jpg

This one has the burgundy you can see on bottom left and top middle.
Wisteria5_zpslxew9y65.jpg

Thanks in advance ya'll :)

Last edited:

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Not at all a problem. I see the wisteria at my work go through phases of this on and off. One week the new growth is green, the next week its red! No idea what causes it, but it's totally normal.

Aaron

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Thanks Aaron! Actually thought one was lacking some sort of nutrient.

On an unrelated note. Can someone ID this? Ran some errands at work and wanted to see if Homie De have any rock bottom sales; only 25 and 50%. Saw these two staring back at me!

They're about 1.5 inch high
shroom_zps9eakkrpt.jpg

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Aha! I thought so. Now I'm gonna go there to toss them in my salad. Or have them toss my salad. Or something like that.

It could go either way, I don't really know but guessing they are a small lepiota of some kind, some of those are edible, some poisonous and at least one or two lepiotas are deadly poisonous.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Thanks wireme! I think that's it. But I won't be eating those, though I do love mushrooms in my salad.

I guest the mushrooms grew because the sale section was under an overhang and received shade.

Now I might be interested in growing some shrooms too.

Top Bottom