Sometimes a chinese garden is not just a garden...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wondered what happened to the plans for the big Chinese garden at the National Arboretum. The lede of this story explains it. In Washington, high ground is valuable for more than the view...The plans were cancelled quietly because of national security concerns. FWIW, the Russians managed to buy the third highest point in D.C. and install their embassy on it in the 1980's

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My daughter spent 3 years in Taiwan working as a teacher....when she came back I thought she was a bit paranoid about chinese. She just used a vpn in all her communications, rejected any flight with chinese scales, didn't install any chinese application, and didn't dare to speak openly about any chinese matter on the phone ...and so on. I'm beginning to understand her...

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
A little unnerving and an absolute shame. I hate when a country is defined by it’s politicians but that’s what happens when things get out of hand I guess. Would have been the closest Chinese garden to me 😞

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seems to be the New World Order. :(
Hardly. Spying had been going for literally for thousands of years.

The Cold War was similar. I lived across the street from the Russian Embassy in D.C. for years. The construction of that place was a story of espionage intrigue. The contractors who built it were CIA mostly. They installed passive listening devices in the clips that held up drywall and concrete facing. Later in the 80's they built tunnels from apartment buildings next door to me under the street to underneath the Russian embassy and possible the chancery buildings (living quarters). I had a few KGB living in my apartment building and broadcast television picked up some very weird distortions sometimes.

The Russians did the same at the U.S. embassy in Moscow at the time.

The Chinese, however, have chosen to use espionage as an economic instrument directly tied to their corporations. It's not a new twist. They've been doing that for decades, but the Internet and cyber espionage has thrown a wrench into the mix, upping the ante and ability to steal stuff. It's the same thing that's been going on for a hundred years, only in super fast forward.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hardly. Spying had been going for literally for thousands of years.
Absolutely true. I wasn't referring to spying though, only the part of about politicians I quoted. Before you launch into a response about politicians, yes, it has been going on forever too. I am only commenting on how it is now ingrained into a new world order as defined by the media. And yes, even this is redundant.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Absolutely true. I wasn't referring to spying though, only the part of about politicians I quoted. Before you launch into a response about politicians, yes, it has been going on forever too. I am only commenting on how it is now ingrained into a new world order as defined by the media. And yes, even this is redundant.
Huh? You been over at Source's house? 😁

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
New World Order lol, love a bit of conspiracy with my coffee

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
There’s no New World Order/Great Reset , I mean if you haven’t heard Klaus Schwab or anyone at the world economic forum/ Davos / Bilderberg say it. Wealthy global elites that want to control governments behind the scene?? What are you nuts??

Top Bottom