Sorce....pots?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I was just drilling some pottery today....
Gotta get a smaller bit....
But if I was gonna plant something....its so small, probably dont need it.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was just drilling some pottery today....
Gotta get a smaller bit....
But if I was gonna plant something....its so small, probably dont need it.

Lol...I was like, who was talking about drilling!

These are the slugs from cut drainage holes!

They ARE drainage holes! Lol!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oooooohhh!
I gotcha!

Like a munchkin from Dunkin!

Munchkin Pots!

We just googled the old box..lol...I was telling the Sorceress the only way for me to get her in the shower is to throw a box of donuts in there!

I wonder if anyone remembers the little hologram card with dude dunking the munchkins. It was good for a free munchkin or something.

Sucks that all the donuts are imported from China now!

Sorce

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Munchkin Pots!

We just googled the old box..lol...I was telling the Sorceress the only way for me to get her in the shower is to throw a box of donuts in there!

I wonder if anyone remembers the little hologram card with dude dunking the munchkins. It was good for a free munchkin or something.

Sucks that all the donuts are imported from China now!

Sorce
Dunno if you have them up your way, but there's a chain here that makes fresh doughnuts called Krispy Kreme.
They're whole operation is a cool conveyer type of contraption, visible to the customers, behind glass.

krispykreme__header.jpg

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Got one here in S Charleston. The amount of icing on the floor under the conveyer belt is ridiculous.
I’ll take a Long John!
Yeah....I actually think they use too much icing.....I also end up in those stores fixing their ice machines.
I dont work on the doughnut making Rube Goldberg machine though.....some other poor shlub gets to scrape dried icing off of the parts.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They closed them here, but the fake packaged stuff is available at truck stops.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Until my kiln is running, I have no more space for bonsai Pots. But these smaller footprints have been keeping them skills up.

20200331_100720.jpg20200331_100808.jpg20200331_100756.jpg

They happen to be sitting on my 12x24 chimney shelf.
20200330_183804.jpg
20200330_183817.jpg
20200330_183722.jpg
20200330_183733.jpg
20200330_183743.jpg

The shelf, heating better than a brick, is used as a draft inducer. Using the hollow shelf should up that.
My flue is 3x my intake and the chimney will remain just under that until the damper on the lid.

I am aiming to control the rate of draft between 5 and 15 seconds intake to out.

Spared every expense but absolutely no thought, this thing is going to rock!

Oh brother .....peep this too!

Who'd a thunk he....
Still keeping it Funky!

From
20200331_104521.jpg20200331_104511.jpg
I didn't know there was a name for it!

Sorce

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Until my kiln is running, I have no more space for bonsai Pots. But these smaller footprints have been keeping them skills up.

View attachment 292610View attachment 292611View attachment 292612

View attachment 292617
View attachment 292616
View attachment 292615
View attachment 292614
View attachment 292613

The shelf, heating better than a brick, is used as a draft inducer. Using the hollow shelf should up that.
My flue is 3x my intake and the chimney will remain just under that until the damper on the lid.

I am aiming to control the rate of draft between 5 and 15 seconds intake to out.

Who'd a thunk he....
Still keeping it Funky!

From
View attachment 292619View attachment 292620

Sorce

"Funk pots are not always intentional"...

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

View attachment 292610View attachment 292611View attachment 292612

View attachment 292617
View attachment 292616
View attachment 292615
View attachment 292614
View attachment 292613

Who'd a thunk he....
Still keeping it Funky!

From
View attachment 292619View attachment 292620

Sorce
Swweeeeett.....
I left those little guys at my buddy's place and he sent me this pic!!! Bwahahahaha!
1585685251661387412015.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My husband called me today while I was having lunch with our son to tell me that one of my trees was knocked over and it broke the pot, stupid squirrel's. I was so hoping it was one of the cheapies, but no. It was the first pot I bought from @sorce and I believe the first pot he ever sold. :( I was quite distraught. Even though he has not always been the biggest fan of my hobby, my husband is coming around. He went and got some super glue and luckily the pot was broken in 4 big pieces and was glued back together, with just a little chip on the back. So crisis averted. Not sure I will ever plant the pot again, but I'm so happy it survived as it has sentimental value.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My husband called me today while I was having lunch with our son to tell me that one of my trees was knocked over and it broke the pot, stupid squirrel's. I was so hoping it was one of the cheapies, but no. It was the first pot I bought from @sorce and I believe the first pot he ever sold. :( I was quite distraught. Even though he has not always been the biggest fan of my hobby, my husband is coming around. He went and got some super glue and luckily the pot was broken in 4 big pieces and was glued back together, with just a little chip on the back. So crisis averted. Not sure I will ever plant the pot again, but I'm so happy it survived as it has sentimental value.
If it doesn't stay together, I'd be happy to kintsugi it for you with @ABCarve's epoxy and gold leaf method.

Top Bottom