Sorcihara Maple

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This thing popped up like 6 years ago in a pot on the windowsill in my apartment. This Pot? maybe!

_DSC0026.JPG

_DSC0027.JPG

I'll repot it this summer then forget to Up date this thread cuz I'll post all that survival in the summer repot thread. Then I'll let it almost die this winter and it will still grow next year!

Sorce

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This thing popped up like 6 years ago in a pot on the windowsill in my apartment. This Pot? maybe!

View attachment 310716

View attachment 310717

I'll repot it this summer then forget to Up date this thread cuz I'll post all that survival in the summer repot thread. Then I'll let it almost die this winter and it will still grow next year!

Sorce
Tell Sorcihara I say...welcome to crazy 🤪

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Definitely had too many roots growing up into the moss.

Should've repotted a few more times through the years, but I think this is still salvageable, as far as nice bases go.

The bottoms of these flat bottom baskets continue to be the place the roots love most. I guess that removes concerns of root rot in these.

I thought she had one better pic of the base. I'll get it by fall.

image_2.jpgimage.jpgpart0.jpg

It's in that round basket now. A little bigger.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
With only about 8 leaves that seem to be feeding caterpillars more than the tree, this has already pushed more than enough roots to see us through fall growth, roots which will be enforced before dormancy, allowing for a spring.

20200721_134230.jpg

20200721_134253.jpg

20200721_134308.jpg

More roots on the shadier side which is also the side that would "hold the lean". Alright.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Still Notta make for a toucha dis one.

It's more healthy than its ever been!

_DSC0183.JPG

_DSC0184.JPG

_DSC0185.JPG

_DSC0186.JPG

Leaves leaves well small enough for display, the trident ones or the 5 lobed silver ones.

Sorce

Vali

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've seen you use this kind of pots. I just thought now that the rootball should develop better and finer ramification due to air pruning of the tips. That is if you don't repot it before that happens. I'm thinking that they might not circle the pot and, instead, create ramification in the interior when the tips reach the outside. Did you notice any difference between these and the regular pots? I'm sorry if you wrote about that somewhere else and I didn't see or understand

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did you notice any difference between these and the regular pots?

Here is the Thread with some info.

There is certainly a difference. Every feeder root remains within what you will pull up and stick in a pot.

If you train a tree in these the same size as the pot you will use, you don't even have to cut anything off to fit it.

If planted low enough on the flat bottom, it becomes even easier. For that reason, if/when I make more, they will be more shallow, proportionally. This way trees can be placed almost directly on the bottom, with no upward root Growth like this one suffered.

There is nothing better.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
From the 14th of May.

20210514_090334.jpg
20210514_090510.jpg

Just trying to get something to pop on the trunk....there been a nub growing.

Sorce

Top Bottom