Source for dwarf pomegranates?

James W.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I am looking for any dwarf pomegranates except "Nana". Prefer small plants, rooted cutting would be fine.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I am looking for any dwarf pomegranates except "Nana". Prefer small plants, rooted cutting would be fine.

Evergreengardenworks.com usually has some ( https://www.evergreengardenworks.com/prunus.htm ) but there out of stock, there variety is "evergreens dwarf" i have that variety as well as the fabled "purple emperor" that i got from https://treesofjoy.com/product/emperor-pomegranate/...but there also sold out....ill be taking cuttings from my trees next year :) ill post on here if i get some to strike

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Meehans has many more trees than those in their catalog.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is one I bought there last fall. Lousy picture but I am lazy. I pruned it hard last fall and it grew all winter long under lights. I have not pruned it since I put it out. I am just letting it run wild this summer.IMG_3828.JPGIMG_3829.JPG

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a small one for sale. But .. You are not in EU are you?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

James W.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Just went to Meehan's yesterday, they had a bunch of poms there. Just have to call them I guess.
Various colored blossoms? I have enough "nana", single red-orange blossoms. I'm kind of wanting some of the doubles and some pink/white/peach colors and some that do not make fruit.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Various colored blossoms? I have enough "nana", single red-orange blossoms. I'm kind of wanting some of the doubles and some pink/white/peach colors and some that do not make fruit.

Sorry I didn't pay attention to what color blossoms they were, I just knew that they a bunch.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I picked up another in a 4 inch pot that has salmon color flowers. It is not blooming now.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have one, in Europe too. They are pretty easy to grow from cutting, they root on their own fairly easy.
This means you can basically ask anyone in the US owning one, to send you some clippings. Mine keeps flushing after the first half of summer and wire bites in within a month or two. I think they're pretty fast growers.

San Franpsycho

Sapling
Reaction score
I'm trying a pomegranite from seed. (I know, point and laugh) chalk it up to covid isolation boredom.
Anyone have any pointers on germinating? outdoor/indoor? (SF bay area)
how much light/water does it want?

Top Bottom