Source for ficus benjamina seeds...

TooCoys

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I have googled, and searched far and dark corners of the internet, and I cannot seem to find any US vendors for Benjamina seeds.

Anyone have a good source? Or have seedlings to sell and ship?

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Is there a particular reason that you're seeking a seed source? These are readily available at any box store and often in the flower department of many grocery stores.

TooCoys

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
For a few different reasons,

-I've been to all the big box stores locally, and the only one that has some is Home Depot, and they are giant clusters of stems that are already 3" high
-Anything small that I've found has already been made into a "mallsai" (I love that term)
-And I'd like the education and satisfaction that comes from starting a seed

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You could purchase a cheap, dense benjamina and root all the cuttings you want too. Gives you the flexibility you want (to shape, etc.), and they root very very easily, in pretty much everything. Plus, now is a perfect time to do it.

TooCoys

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
You could purchase a cheap, dense benjamina and root all the cuttings you want too. Gives you the flexibility you want (to shape, etc.), and they root very very easily, in pretty much everything. Plus, now is a perfect time to do it.

I figured that's what it was going to come down to. All of this started because we have a corn plant in our RV that died due to neglect and I wanted to replace it. Somehow or another I ended up here after a few falls through the youtube rabbit hole and a couple of sites worth of research.

Top Bottom