Source of Lime Sulphur in Europe

Dermot

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hi all.

Can anyone advise a source of Lime Sulphur in Europe? Want to do a winter wash in a the coming weeks.

Reaction score

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Kaizen, bonsai4me shop, and Tony tickle just did a youtube video on it and has some for sale too.

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I use the regular funghicid that people use to spray on orchard trees
As @Vali said, you can search from a romanian store if they ship

Its called “polisulfură de calciu tip MIF”
EE2420B5-5DD1-4F58-8EED-03EB444202A3.jpeg

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Also check veterinarian supplies. I used "lime sulfur dip" for my bonsai because it was much less expensive than "bonsai sulfur".

You are looking for "Sulfurated lime solution" as close to 100% as possible. The one I use is 97.8%. No other active ingredients.

FWIW you can make your own if you can get your hands on sulfur and hydrated lime/quicklime. Make sure you are outdoors. Make sure you warn your neighbors :)

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
FWIW you can make your own if you can get your hands on sulfur and hydrated lime/quicklime. Make sure you are outdoors. Make sure you warn your neighbors :)
Yeah, don't do that. Just.. Sulfur is nasty stuff and it can be quite unpredictable to do this stuff in your backyard without knowledge of chemical procedures.
I remember a well educated friend who thought he could dump a bottle of 96% sulfuric acid down the drain.. His toilet bursted apart and not only were the nasties everywhere, those nasties had a pH value of -10 (negative, yes). His dumpster caught fire because he sweeped it up with paper towels, which caught fire later that evening.

Go with the bottled stuff. I remember the farmers stores having it around.

Berra

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Illegal? Hmm. Bonsai plaza and many other stores sell lime sulphur currently. Search for 'jin seal'.

Disclaimer: I haven't used the specific one from the store I mentioned

Dermot

Yamadori
Reaction score
interesting comment on the legality of lime sulphur. Unfortunately shipping to Ireland is the issue for me.

Dermot

Yamadori
Reaction score
Also check veterinarian supplies. I used "lime sulfur dip" for my bonsai because it was much less expensive than "bonsai sulfur".

You are looking for "Sulfurated lime solution" as close to 100% as possible. The one I use is 97.8%. No other active ingredients.

Will have a search. Thanks 👍

Vali

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you. Will check it out 👍
If you do check it out, pay attention to the word below the name of the product. Make sure it says "Fungicid", like in the photo. In the spring, when I was looking to buy for myself, I came across some that was a fertilizer or something, not a fungicide.
Screenshot_2022-11-17-07-39-11-693_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

Top Bottom