Source pots thread

anon user

Yamadori
Reaction score
This is a thread that I've been curious about for a while. Same as the various tree threads, but posts should be accompanied by a picture of what your are using a @source pot for!

Yeah, there probably won't be as much traffic as some of the tree threads, but I always thought it would be cool to have a thread for each potter where people showcase how the potter's pots are being put to use. Hopefully the thread grows into a nice portfolio over time. It would show the potters how much we appreciate their work and maybe provide them with some inspiration moving forward!

The only real pots (not mass produced) I have are from Source but it would be great if others started threads for other potters known to the community as well!

For my first (of hopefully several!) entry, I recently bought a couple of @source pots because I enjoy his style and I have a couple of bonsai candidates that I thought would fit a particular pot he had posted for sale.

This isn't that pot but is one that arrived as part of the several pot purchase I made. I didn't have anything that would fit it and no candidates on the horizon, so, for $11 at my favorite local plant business, I bought a small benjamina and nerifolia thinking one of them might fit.

Criticize the styling or the pot pairing or whatever if you must. Thus far, all I've done to the tree is repot it to get it out of the poor soil it came in and prune it to clean up some of the branches that had some die-back or were poorly pruned in the past.

But it's in a Source pot :D I'd love to see what you all are doing with your Source pots!

20191001_191101.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Nice idea. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow. I have yet to find material worthy of the best pot I have from him. And, so he sees this it is @sorce ;)

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mine has a bit of a backstory. An older pic shows how long the jinn was originally. One evening a bear climbed over my fence and broke the jinn shorter when he came down into the yard side, or maybe when he fled in a panic after I told him to go away.

Before and after the break (and some styling) below.
D249718C-42E5-40C2-B0FE-16D46F15CB44.jpeg

E5015A50-B922-4319-9792-CD42FA78ECDE.jpeg

So I have Sorce the dimensions and left the rest up to him and he put a bearclaw on it! I think it’s great, love it. 8CF4B53C-219B-4BC7-9895-6222208671EC.jpeg

241C1586-A9CB-45DF-8D14-5B8192A91CBC.jpeg

The tree hasn’t had any wiring since before it’s been in the pot, I look forward to the next round of wiring when the time is right.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Mine has a bit of a backstory. An older pic shows how long the jinn was originally. One evening a bear climbed over my fence and broke the jinn shorter when he came down into the yard side, or maybe when he fled in a panic after I told him to go away.

Before and after the break (and some styling) below.
View attachment 265031

View attachment 265032

So I have Sorce the dimensions and left the rest up to him and he put a bearclaw on it! I think it’s great, love it. View attachment 265034

View attachment 265033

The tree hasn’t had any wiring since before it’s been in the pot, I look forward to the next round of wiring when the time is right.
Very cool story and pot! Wasn’t aware source made pots....

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
... my grammar died.
She was quite old and had had a good life. 😭
Huh? Either i’ve got the emphasis wrong or she was alive and well, then you killed her.

@sorce BTW do you make chuckin’ pots for UK based squirrels as well?

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Heh, heh,
@sorce ,

we make our own pots from home dug clay and work towards
Yi Xing standards. Fired at 08 , vitreous and waste little energy.
Go sorce go!
Good Day
Playfully Anthony

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
chuckin’ pots for UK

I got one I gotta send out there...

I'm trying to catch someone in the states willing to fly back a couple for a couple so I ain't gotta ship em.

Int'l shipping from here sucks ass!

I might just Chuck em over the pond!

Sorce

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong @sorce , but I believe this is the first ever sold to the public Sorce pot.sorce pot.jpg

Top Bottom