Sourcing American pots.

Boerboel313

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Morning.
Where or from whom can I source pots here in the states? I live in SOCAL/ Orange County. I need some pretty large containers. Especially for this one which I’ve been growing for many years but have done very little with.

Thanks much.

ChrisCFDD2B60-C209-4895-88C2-905E7DC36738.jpeg

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Training pots or pots for exhibition? There are many outlets for both.

I use Anderson Flats for my larger trees, but yours might be too large for one of them. Many make grow out boxes for themselves. This way the box is exactly the size you want. I have used the rectangular recycling bins, as they already had drainage holes in the bottom. Our service had changed style of recycling container, and the old low rectangular bins became obsolete. I collected a few from neighbors and put them to work as training containers.

http://www.andersonpots.com/products/anderson-flats/
My favorite is cat # 2401B - the deep prop special. There is a minimum order, I ordered 50 and in 3 years used all but maybe 5.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@Leo in N E Illinois, got a lead on getting any of those from a source along the east coast ...or'd you just pay thru the nose for shipping?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you're looking for Anderson flats possibly free or no shipping, ask local nurseries, check out their throw out pile....

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A quick search on Google maps and you will find lots of bonsai resources in your state.

Boerboel313

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I’ve did the search for my state prior to posting. I just wanted to know what others were using and I’d there was somewhere else to get really big pots.

Thank you all for your replies. They helped.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Leo in N E Illinois, got a lead on getting any of those from a source along the east coast ...or'd you just pay thru the nose for shipping?

I had them shipped from west coast. The flat + shipping when ordered in a lot of 50 each, worked out to $7 each as my delivered to my door price. When I tried to find an east coast distributor, the best I got the price with shipping to was $10 each, shipping included. This was over 5 years ago, I'm sure prices have gone up since. I like that the Cat# 2401B is fairly heavy plastic, and can be re-used for a decade or more.

I do wish there was a closer distributor, but I have not found one, and am not interested in becoming one.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If someone had warehouse space, there is an opportunity to bring a whole truck load to the east coast, that would get the lowest possible per item cost. Shy of finding a plastics outfit that would make a similar product locally for you.

Top Bottom