South East US Juniper Grafting

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I was curious if anyone on here had any information on specifically grafting juniper species here in North Georgia or surrounding area.
I am going to soon be learning to graft jm from a man near me who has a simple method with a rather high success rate. But for bonsai am more interested in juniper.
I know that there are a lot of factors involved. Some people have very specific and in depth methods with green houses and climate control, obviously timing etc.
I was just curious if anyone in north ga had a simple method with a decent success rate.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You can cleft graft, or approach graft using potted cuttings. You shouldn’t need a greenhouse.

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You can cleft graft, or approach graft using potted cuttings. You shouldn’t need a greenhouse.
The approach method seems like it would be the most reliable with success. I have had very little success with juniper cuttings. So I don’t have any to utilize. I’m going to continue to try though. So I was thinking scion grafting would be my best bet. I just read and hear different methods that work for some people and not others. It’s understandable for sure. People have certain methods dialed in. And doing it at the right time in the growth cycle seems to be a key. Which varies throughout the geography.

Top Bottom