Southern Muscadine Grape bonsai

Corrado

Mame
Reaction score
I have decided to let others enjoy this little beauty. You would be rewarded with at least 3 dozen fat little orbs . I would prefer pickup here on Long Island, NY . I think $125 would be reasonable. My email is cvarcher@hotmail.com

Attachments

• DSCN3105.JPG
    DSCN3105.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN3149.JPG
    DSCN3149.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN3150.JPG
    DSCN3150.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 116

Corrado

Mame
Reaction score
just took it inside after the leaf drop to show what it looks like naked. Please forgive the background.

Attachments

• DSCN3166.JPG
    DSCN3166.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 105

MMJNICE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
just took it inside after the leaf drop to show what it looks like naked. Please forgive the background.
Did you ever sell your grape? I just picked one up from the local nursery that his had the tree since you wrote this thread in 2018 so I suspect this grape is around 8 to 12 years old now. It's mid November and I took off some branches and it bled like broken water main.. what's the best time to prune a muscaden grape tree?

Corrado

Mame
Reaction score
LOL, mine died .It never came thru the winter a year ago. I suspect water freeze damage at the roots.It seemed the draining wasnt good enough and it puddled up and froze. I lost a few that spring. Since then I bought 2 from Isons Nursery , and they are one full season old know. Good Luck with yours. Oh I dont think you have to worry about the water running out from pruning but id do it in late winter .

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Did you ever sell your grape? I just picked one up from the local nursery that his had the tree since you wrote this thread in 2018 so I suspect this grape is around 8 to 12 years old now. It's mid November and I took off some branches and it bled like broken water main.. what's the best time to prune a muscaden grape tree?
I have heard late winter is the best time to prune grapes and dines

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have been growing this one for 7 years, it’s two vines I’m still hoping will fuse. No grapes yet.
IMG_0001.jpegIMG_0003.jpegIMG_0002.jpeg

MMJNICE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have heard late winter is the best time to prune grapes and dines
Thanks.. any advice is better than no advice.. those little things sure hold a lot of water.. I tasted it shhhhhhhhhh ,,,,,and guess what it tasted like.. .. . Grape with a hint of lime 😃. I bet the grapes taste amazing..

MMJNICE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
LOL, mine died .It never came thru the winter a year ago. I suspect water freeze damage at the roots.It seemed the draining wasnt good enough and it puddled up and froze. I lost a few that spring. Since then I bought 2 from Isons Nursery , and they are one full season old know. Good Luck with yours. Oh I dont think you have to worry about the water running out from pruning but id do it in late winter .
Thanks for the info.. I was just telling 19Mateo83 I tasted the liquid assets and it kinda tasted like grapes. Can't wait to eat the grapes and get some of those health benefits 😄 it's got a massive knot of exposed roots right below trunk that looks kinda cool. I'll not be covering that up.. and I'm pretty excited to hear that they have pretty small leaves too. Your tree was pretty awesome, it's a shame it didn't make it. Btw what's the tree in your profile picture? Looks really Unique.. some kinda Contorted black gum?

Top Bottom