Southwest Trees

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just returned from a few days vacationing in Northern Arizona. Although I wasn't there to photograph (or steal) trees, I couldn't resist (photographing, not stealing) a few junipers and pines. Here is a link to about twenty views of various junipers and pines. It is a bit redundant but for those people that don't have the opportunity to travel to the Southwest, this might prove helpful. Just follow the link.

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e98/Ranger_Jeff/Southwest trees/

I saw more deadwood than can be found in a wood pile.

Attachments

• Juniper #1 reduced_0413.JPG
    Juniper #1 reduced_0413.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Pine #5_0444.JPG
    Pine #5_0444.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 47

Ross

Shohin
Reaction score
Here's a shot my brother took. I love this pic and post it when I can.

Attachments

• Moab tree.jpg
    Moab tree.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 45

bonsainotwar

Sapling
Reaction score
Pinons make outstanding bonsai.Even here in Albuquerque,they are not easy to find at nurseries.I am aware of a couple of landscape suppliers,that sell trees that are a minimum of six or seven feet tall, but none that are small enough for bonsai.

Just like people,a lot of insect larvae like the seeds,so most of the ones I have found have been bored full of holes.

I have three New Mexico Olives,the two male trees,which I have had since 2000,are two of my best bonsai,the only fruiting female I have,is one of my biggest bonsai,26" 5" base,incredible nebari,but has been very difficult to get balanced,symmetrical branches on.I'd like to post pictures,but my camera just died.

Top Bottom