Species Study - Solanum Dulcamara

EverThorn

Sapling
Reaction score
NA-East of da Northbound River, West of da Ponds.
USDA Zone
5a
Mine are a different species.
S. Americanum. Black, or commmon, or View attachment 437343
The flower buds don't look like any Solanum I'm familiar with.. You sure about that identity? Do you happen to have any pictures with the flowers displayed?
I'm adding S. sisybriifolium and, hopefully, S. laciniatum to our collection this year. 23 days in now and still waiting on the latter. Here's the Litchi Tomato (S. sisybriifolium).. Just getting started.

20230413_125733.jpgWe also have Eastern Nightshade and Dulcamara in pots.. But nothing impressive yet.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The flower buds don't look like any Solanum I'm familiar with.. You sure about that identity? Do you happen to have any pictures with the flowers displayed?
I'm adding S. sisybriifolium and, hopefully, S. laciniatum to our collection this year. 23 days in now and still waiting on the latter. Here's the Litchi Tomato (S. sisybriifolium).. Just getting started.

View attachment 482131We also have Eastern Nightshade and Dulcamara in pots.. But nothing impressive yet.

Those are really cool.. look super similar to the ones I use.. like tomato leaves, for sure!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
That's deep, actually making an effort to collect different species of nightshade. So many Solanum species are viewed as invasive weeds.

But I admire the intellectual value of this effort.

And I do have a goji berry in the back yard, so I have at least one member of the Solanum tribe. I'm not certain my "goji" is correctly identified to species, when it flowers I'll look at it again.

Top Bottom