Specimen Shohin gets it's first bonsai pot

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been looking forward to putting this one in a pot. It was not an easy repot. I tried to keep as many feeder roots as possible and a few thicker ones that had a good amount of feeders on it. The tree is about 5-6 inches tall with about a 3 inch base

Attachments

• pictures2 104.jpg
    pictures2 104.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 158
  • pictures2 025.jpg
    pictures2 025.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 196

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks Woodguy..

Thank you very much Brian.. Ya, this one is a gem:D

Hello Bill..The raw material is from New England Bonsai Gardens. The styling, however, was done by Suthin Sukosolvisit. I had a private tutorial with him last summer. The only thing I did was some minor bark stripping, fine wiring and repotting. Suthin did all the styling.

Last edited:

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Wow I just always have loved your work. I would just love to see more. Updates on older stuff is awesome as well.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thank you very much milehigh. Actually, I only assisted in styling this tree with Suthin. I picked the front, did some minor bark stripping, applied some of the fine wiring and did the repot. Suthin was the creator of this bonsai.

Here are the befores and afters.

Attachments

• pictures2 010.jpg
    pictures2 010.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 72
  • Copy (4) of pictures2 104.jpg
    Copy (4) of pictures2 104.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 69

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really great shohin juniper - thanks for sharing!

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
That's a nice little shohin! Nice curves and deadwoods! About as good as it gets!

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Rob, I have been to his place a couple of times, he can do things with trees can't he. We were talking to him about maybe doing a study group with him, still in the figuring stage so far, but I'd like to if we can.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hi Bill.. Yes, it is too bad that his nursery is not open to the public anymore. Ironically enough, now that he is highly recognized and sought after, his nursery is closed. I have known about Suthin for many years. Probably 10+ years. He was my first teacher. I have known all along that he was a master among masters. I am very glad that other people are getting to enjoy his work now.

Top Bottom