Spherical Concave or standard concave

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The linked kit is the one I have, and I am happy with it. Been using them for years.
I believe they are talking knob cutters.
I almost didn't replyntonthis thread, as I know lots of people are tool freaks :), I'm just not one of them. I'm happy as long as what I have works.

Overlooked the link...I was on my phone I believe when I responded...larger screen now. I see it. Thanks...

Concave cutters are my biggest concern. Because all the books I read have stressed those...if nothing else...one must have a good quality concave cutter. All the books I have gotten from the library state that.

Off to look at the link.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I use my tools everyday and hardly ever use a spherical cutter- i use the standard concave cutter all the time.
I would suggest getting a good 8" concave cutter rather then the spherical one.

+1, Good day

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Hi Darlene,
You know, I would save your $$ for trees than for any expensive tools at this point. I bought one of those all in one kits on ebay for like $60. and other than some regular tools, like pliers, needle nose pliers and wire cutters (regular electrician cutters) I haven't needed much else. There are even several items in the kit that I've never used. I did buy a pair of good shears, and a better pair of tweezers. Just my opinion, but I have a reciprocating saw to do things larger than I can do with cutters. (and a pair of loppers too...)

I did see your wire question, I would buy all the sizes up to the #4 except no #1, you will need them all as you start to learn how to wire.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonsai-Tool...062806?pt=US_Garden_Tools&hash=item5656c6e516

Bump. I just went to the site and got the same set Judy. Don't use them often enough to pay the money for the name

Top Bottom