Spirea japonica " Goldflame "

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Maybe, there might be a scale insect at the pointed place. Look closely at the live tree. One scale is a solvable problem.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
Ok , Thank you very much !
I had not seen , it could be a scale or a tiny politician , when i touched it fell , it was dead .
I still sprayed a little nettle manure it is both a fertilizer and a fungicide and insecticide 100 % natural .

20200307_154324.jpg

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Falling off means it has been dead for some time, and that's good. Look closely for more individuals. If one doesn't fall off, it's alive. Remember, they are hermaphrodites, if only one is left and is ready to mate but can't find a daddy, she can do it herself and have a quadrillion babbies. It gets worse. If the branch is too crowded where a baby is born, the first stage of life is winged, and they can ride the winds to a new place.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I had a semi cool spirea. Declined and died no matter what I did. Kinda miss it.

spirea 2018.jpg

Gaijin

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm gonna give them a try. Got 5 large nursery cans. 3 are going into the landscape, and 2 are going to be developed into bonsai. Inspired by Harry Harrington's book "Bonsai Inspirations 1". He has a nice progression of one in the book. Will keep you posted. Good luck with yours.

Top Bottom