Sprayer recommendations

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have 2 1.5L handheld sprayers that I use for various things: 1 for pesticides, 1 for fungicides and occasionally fertilizer. I don't LOVE what I have so figured I'd poll the wisdom of the Nut for recommendations. Anybody have a sprayer that you love? Easy to use? Easy to clean? Easy to apply chemicals in bonsai-quantities?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love my Solo backpack sprayer. It is a bit large for most people here, holding about 5 gallons. I use it for fertilizer. I use simple 1 and 2 gallon garden sprayers for most of my work but brand names here mean nothing to me. I use the same formula I used for years awarding bids. I throw out the low and the high and consider what is left. They are not that dissimilar.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
DSC_7857.JPG

This one's been sturdy and reliable last 3 years.
Link above, button Buy Now, offers replacement parts as well from the manufacture.
I have multiple sprayers for different things, like broad leaf weed killer, Malathion etc...
This is the best of what I have that's operational. Wider base helps with uneven terrain as well.
I may've got this one at Amazon.
As you can see, I scribble what use I have for that particular sprayer on the side as well as the dilution rate.

Bonsai size depends on the job, but easy enough to use a quart or 2 gallons.
If it lasts and is safe to use (some I've had come apart during use), it's a no brainer
over the smaller ones that are like 32-50 oz that don't last. My hand held one I use for misting
is now leaking if pressure remains, and there's no release valve. Found that out last night on our hardwood floor.

Top Bottom