Spring in M. Hagedorn's Garden

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Beautiful garden and trees.
I see he is wearing the wide brim hat but not the long sleeve shirt!!! Most of the skin cancers is occurred at light-skinned people!! Prevention, prevention and prevention.
Bonhe
He had just come back from a yoga session and his trees needed watering......

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
A few more photo's.....first couple are recent repots or grafting (Black pine on Pondy) thus still in G.H.
Is the tree in the brick red oval pot a shimpaku juniper? I don't think I've seen quite that kind of deadwood on a shimpaku.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you very much for pics:D. Just talked with Michael sat while down here doing a workshop. Asked about coming to visit and see his trees and made welcome. After seeing your pics even more interested in visit. Glad to hear his interest in natives and not hard to understand with Randy, Ryan in neighborhood to turn head;).

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Is the tree in the brick red oval pot a shimpaku juniper? I don't think I've seen quite that kind of deadwood on a shimpaku.
Sorry I didn't take notes on the trees I took photos of.....I believe the tree you ask about is in his green house?....a recently repotted native juniper I believe.

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't take notes on the trees I took photos of.....I believe the tree you ask about is in his green house?....a recently repotted native juniper I believe.
Thanks for reply. The tree I was looking at is on the ground. In your second set of pics (10 of 18). I enlarged picture and it looks like it may be a hemlock that has not been styled but I'm not sure.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did you happen to see a nice young man hanging around playing flute for the trees?

Top Bottom