Spring in M. Hagedorn's Garden

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Was able to stop by and visit/chat with Michael last week.....a gracious host to be sure.......it was a hot spring afternoon and his trees were in need of watering. He has a great set up and a wide variety of trees, he did mention that he would like to focus on getting more natives.
Cheers G.i

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
A few more photo's.....first couple are recent repots or grafting (Black pine on Pondy) thus still in G.H.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Good looking stuff as always , do you take any instruction from him at his garden ?

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I believe I read on a blog that he has trees brought down from your neck of the woods. I miss the north west, so many amazing trees!!!

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Lucky you!

Michael H. is to me one of those who will carry bonsai further in his generation.

I wish I lived close enough to pay him a visit, alack my bank account hates me...

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Geo I can't say I know to much about lac magog, but it has a biblical reference some people seem to like. It is a beautiful spot in the warmer seasons! great hiking all around my area.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
@Geo I can't say I know to much about lac magog, but it has a biblical reference some people seem to like. It is a beautiful spot in the warmer seasons! great hiking all around my area.

Is it really a biblical reference?

I understand that Christians, who have always tried to interpret anything according to their dogma and then make it "the" reference that Magog refers to a passage in the old testament.

But the word itself could sound like a native American word too. Many words in the Algonkian language family could have been the real etymology of the toponym, an altered form of a native American part of speech:

ma'iingan : wolf
anang : star
maagobizh : to squeeze
ningwiigan : wing
maaniwang : fruit

etc.

Knowing how superstitious people in the 18th century were, I doubt that they would have called a place where they settled what is in the bible the name of a people meaning the archetypal enemies of God (מגוג)...

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
On your way south on I-5 in Washington state, you were 5 minutes from my house at the federal way HWY 18 exit. :( Next trip down, plan a visit and I'll give you a tour of the Pacific Bonsai Museum.

Michael was a former sensei, someone I consider a good friend, and equiped with a unique laugh. Once you hear it you always remember. I think it was caused by something in the air where he studied in Obuse, Japan

Appreciate seeing the photos even tho no chojubai were shared. :)

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
On your way south on I-5 in Washington state, you were 5 minutes from my house at the federal way HWY 18 exit. :( Next trip down, plan a visit and I'll give you a tour of the Pacific Bonsai Museum.

Michael was a former sensei, someone I consider a good friend, and equiped with a unique laugh. Once you hear it you always remember. I think it was caused by something in the air where he studied in Obuse, Japan

Appreciate seeing the photos even tho no chojubai were shared. :)

Hi Dick,
I'll try and stop by next time we join the flock of snowbirds either N/S bound. My wife and I were travelling with our 2 rag dolls so we couldn't stay too long. My wife appreciates my hobbies but after a while they are just trees to her.....although I could send her to a mall lol.
Don't know how you guys do it (travelling from A to B...) with the amount of traffic ....got bogged down after meeting with Michael....headed north to Van., WA.....on a Sunday afternoon....crazy......ahhhhh it's only Island living for me.
Cheers
Graham

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Good looking stuff as always , do you take any instruction from him at his garden ?
Unfortunately no, but I have been collecting with him up here, been to some of his demos and follow his blog. Maybe an intensive is in my future.....near future hopefully.
Graham

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Yes, traffic is becoming a nightmare even at non drive times. Just know your always welcome. My wife knows some good shopping spots :)

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Was able to stop by and visit/chat with Michael last week.....a gracious host to be sure.......it was a hot spring afternoon and his trees were in need of watering. He has a great set up and a wide variety of trees, he did mention that he would like to focus on getting more natives.
Cheers G.i
Beautiful garden and trees.
I see he is wearing the wide brim hat but not the long sleeve shirt!!! Most of the skin cancers is occurred at light-skinned people!! Prevention, prevention and prevention.
Bonhe

Top Bottom