spring seki display

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
In some parts of this great country, spring is making it's appearance. to others well, sorry it's still winter. here in the great Northwest we're dealing with extraordinary amounts of rain.
You might have caught on the national news the problems of landslides and how about a hundred have been anticipated to have been killed in the Oso, Darrington area.
The attached photos show a quince getting ready to bloom, accompanied by a singular violet
in bud itself. Spring winds have the kites dancing in the scroll. What i didn't show clearly but hid on the top of the bonsai display table with the quince is a tenpai of a snail headed for it's next meal.

So the initial look has the display pretty conventional with 3 elements, but to the real observer
a quietly hidden 4th element adds to the general charm.

The landslide story has really weighed heavy on my heart this week with the loss of so many, but I needed to bring something good into my life with the promise of spring and new life, the joy of which can be appreciated in a singular bloom.

Attachments

• IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3179.JPG
    IMG_3179.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3181.JPG
    IMG_3181.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3180.JPG
    IMG_3180.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 19

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You'll have to post another photo when the quince is in bloom. Yes it's sad about the landslide, that is actually one of the areas we had looked at to relocate. I feel for all the families left behind.

Top Bottom