Spruce #2

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice tree Dave,

It at first reminded me of this tree: http://crataegus.com/2009/02/25/ezo-spruce-again/

Maybe this will spark some ideas for styling later on.

Andrew

Thanks for the link. That is great inspiration and a great image.

I worked on this with a friend the other night. I told him how I would approach a tree like this for a first styling. We discussed it a bit, I removed some branches while explaing to him my thought process. I wired a couple, and then I had him take over for the rest of the tree. It was the first time he truly wired a tree. I gave him some pointers along the way, and he learned quickly. It was nice for me to teach, and he enjoyed the opportunity to work on a tree like this. I am pleased with the result, especially since it was collected less then a year and half ago. It has grown very well ever since collection.

Dave

Attachments

• 100_0511.jpg
    100_0511.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_0512.jpg
    100_0512.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0513.jpg
    100_0513.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0514.jpg
    100_0514.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_0515.jpg
    100_0515.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 41

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In short it is all theory. It is true, many things in the real world defy our scientific/mathematical understanding of how things are supposed to function. We still do not understand, or can duplicate, the process of photosynthesis, and we don't know why a bumblebee can fly.

Mostly it's done with mirrors.......and a little Smoke doesn't hurt.

bonsaiTOM

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Dave,
You've done wonderful things with this collected spruce. It has come such a long way, NICE. Can't wait to see how it will progress over time and become 'show ready'.
Glad you got to use it as instructural material with your wiring student. Would that be the doc?
I too enjoyed the link to Mike Hagedorn's ezo spruce. Great inspiration for, and some similarity to, my 5 tree larch clump that I worked on at our last club meeting.
Tom

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tom, thanks bud. I can't lift this one myself, so yes, the Dr. did stop by and help me get it up on the table. He did most of the wiring. I pruned it first, and then placed the branches when he was done wiring.
Dave

Top Bottom