Spruce Styling Challenge

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Looks like you had a tornado go through. Had a similar event about twenty years ago my self. It just goes to show you how vulnerable we are, or at least defenseless, in the presence of a natural disturbance.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is that your hoop house in the neighbor's yard?:eek::(

Not the neighbor's yard, still ours. But yes. It's going to take some work to get it out of that tree, since the 2X6 baseboards are still attached. I'll probably have to dismantle it a piece at a time from the ladder.

Looks like you had a tornado go through. Had a similar event about twenty years ago my self. It just goes to show you how vulnerable we are, or at least defenseless, in the presence of a natural disturbance.

It was only straight line winds, which we are far too vulnerable to here. I am determined to plant a windbreak and end this. It'll take a few years to do any good, but it'll be worth it. That or move back to town. Hmmmm.....

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Only a few seedlings survived, but remarkably my best trees were untouched. I have one Rocky Mountain juniper I have concerns about.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Wow! I assume the plywood against the fence is what caused the fence to be torn down. That's some serious wind! I didn't hear anything about this out on the West Coast.

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
That's too bad Chris! If we were near there, we would all be right over to help you clean up.
If it happens one more time, I would move. My wife lived in Kansas for a few years, and they moved after being hit with a few tornadoes.
Good luck to you.
Si

Top Bottom