Stainless pot.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Finished up fabrication on this slab inspired steel pot. I have a few round steel pots to finish to see how they finish out. I'm planning to sandblast this one and then think long about what kind of finish I'd like to put on this.
.......daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

GREAT WORK!

That tat reminds me of this music video....even though it probably shouldn’t.
🤣

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
@HorseloverFat thank you. I'm ok with my dumb palm tattoo reminding you of faith no more, they're very great!
And SUPER underrated! I like Mosley AND Patton as lead singers...

I also like tattoos and “got me a slew”... as long as they MEAN something..

I’ve also stated before that I ONLY get “basement tattoos” from Artist friends... on principle. 🤣🤣🤣

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
(At least you got the Palm tattoo in the spot were it won’t “wear off”... My Dad has a Rose tattooed on his right palm ((pause for laughter)) but the lowermost portion of the stem has been gone for decades.) 🤓

(My father ALSO got a tattoo on his finger.. converting it to an inchworm with a face.. based on a long-running hypothetical “joke conversation” we had had ((what a crazy bastard))

See like THAT... those tattoos don’t “mean” ANYTHING.... it’s hilarious, yes... buuuuuuut. ;)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Finished up fabrication on this slab inspired steel pot. I have a few round steel pots to finish to see how they finish out. I'm planning to sandblast this one and then think long about what kind of finish I'd like to put on this.
I think it looks awesome now. I wouldn't do anything else to it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
@Carol 83 I feel like the feet get lost with all the discoloration, though I think if there are subsequent pots, I will move the feet closer to the perimeter. I'm gonna wait and look at this pot a little more and see how I feel about it.

@HorseloverFat joke tattoos are my favorite, there is an "L" underneath the eye and an "R" on my right hand due to my ability to mess directions up quite well, one of my many flaws 🤷‍♂️. That's not to mention all of the tattoos I came up with after a few beers, having tattoo artist friends is a blessing and a curse. As for Faith No More I'm a much bigger Mike Patton fan, though that is due to my love for Dillinger Escape Plan more than anything.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
@Carol 83 I feel like the feet get lost with all the discoloration, though I think if there are subsequent pots, I will move the feet closer to the perimeter. I'm gonna wait and look at this pot a little more and see how I feel about it.

@HorseloverFat joke tattoos are my favorite, there is an "L" underneath the eye and an "R" on my right hand due to my ability to mess directions up quite well, one of my many flaws 🤷‍♂️. That's not to mention all of the tattoos I came up with after a few beers, having tattoo artist friends is a blessing and a curse. As for Faith No More I'm a much bigger Mike Patton fan, though that is due to my love for Dillinger Escape Plan more than anything.
Have you checked out Tomahawk?

;)

Grovic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Awesome pots, I can imagine this one with a rough shot blast finish and then a nice layer of matte powder coat 🥲.
The cool thing about powder coat is that you could use the cheapest steel available and it would still look great and would be protected against corrosion.

Grovic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Awesome pots, I can imagine this one with a rough shot blast finish and then a nice layer of matte powder coat 🥲.
The cool thing about powder coat is that you could use the cheapest steel available and it would still look great and would be protected against corrosion.
On second thought, if you're using stainless, you must be looking for a natural metal finish, but now I can't get the idea of the powder coated steel pot out of my mind 😅.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
@Michael P that's a big pot :oops:. Maybe one day 👍. @HorseloverFat no preslangin'. Though I will admit to toying with the idea of ripping off a few in various sizes and see what happens...
@Grovic I've whipped up a few stainless and steel. I'm not sure which would be best to stick with, and may just do both as my mood dictates, though I doubt the powder coating due to the fact I would have to quite a few done to justify the price.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Coreten steel. The rust preserves it, looks great and no iron deficiency 😁 Although it could stain your bench.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
And SUPER underrated! I like Mosley AND Patton as lead singers...

I also like tattoos and “got me a slew”... as long as they MEAN something..

I’ve also stated before that I ONLY get “basement tattoos” from Artist friends... on principle. 🤣🤣🤣
Angel Dust is probably still one of my top 10 albums. Their later material was fantastic, that along with Album of the Year and King for a Day are all great.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
@ABCarve The rectangle "slab" pot is plain old steel, so iron deficiency won't be a problem ;). I'll be picking up a little corten at some point and whipping up a few pots from that. A little stain never hurt anyone 👍.

@Yugen I'm looking forward to how it develops as well. I'll hopefully have something in one around spring and see how things go.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
@ABCarve The rectangle "slab" pot is plain old steel, so iron deficiency won't be a problem ;). I'll be picking up a little corten at some point and whipping up a few pots from that. A little stain never hurt anyone 👍.

@Yugen I'm looking forward to how it develops as well. I'll hopefully have something in one around spring and see how things go.
I could really envision some nice ornamental welding beads and planishing. A lot there to have fun with! 👍👍

Top Bottom