Stainless Steel Soil Picks

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hi everyone!

Just got in a bulk shipment of Stainless Soil Picks, took a while as they come from China but they are here!

Most of us are familiar with these but if you're not a soil pick is yes basically a chop stick used in Bonsai.

However, you can perform many tasks with this tool. Steel are better than wood/bamboo b/c they don't splinter and won't damage roots while working.

I'm not trying to push these on anyone, but with the volume order I placed Ican offer them at a great price and figured I'd let everyone know!

If you're interested here is the link to the listing where you can buy them in our eBay store:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232278704273?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

If you would like to buy more than one, PM me here and we will definitely work something out!

soilpick.jpg

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

Those are similar yes, however they are made for food. If you look at the bottom the pick on the ones you listed from amazon, the lines are deep and edgy, to grip the food.

On the ones I have posted the lines are much more rounded and not as deep less pronounced.

They almost do look identical although the definition in the handle on the Amazon ones are not as defined either.

The product being from China would not be surprised if they are made in the same factory. The ones I have were not branded and came in bulk so not sure of the actual manufacturer.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
I mean....I just use disposable take out chop sticks for repotting. Trees don't seem to care. I can't imagine metal chop sticks making that much of a difference. The people who bid on a pair of stainless chopsticks on the facebook auction pages and at a decent amount of cash too must nothing better to spend.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@bleumeon Appreciate your input. As I said they are basically chopsticks. I didn't invent them but do they they are useful.

Stainless Steel is hands down better than regular chopsticks. Durability, longevity etc. I like to buy things once :)
Thing is I don't eat from the Asian take out b/c they are constantly being shutdown by the health department and it skeeves me out, lol So I never have chopsticks lying around. Plus a fork is way easier to eat with (except with sushi haha)

Not sure which people on FB that you are referring to however this could be true.

But the same could be said about people that spend $70 on a warm up jacket, or $1,500 on a nice watch. One will say it's a waste of money, and one will say the opposite.

All about perception I guess, kind of like Bonsai

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Might I add so many places in FL get shutdown it's crazy lmfao!

Not here!

That's why we got the best food!

Hahahahahaha!

You thought our cops were crooked!

The inspectors are.....
Well....

The ones spending money on shit they don't need!

$30k salary....
Take home pay....
$230k!

That's a dollar for every 1,700 roaches!

Roughly.

Sorce

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let's say you are in the middle of a session and you have your SS tool in hand, and a piece of copper dropped onto your shoe and draped across it....

Then it starts to storm....

But you are in the middle of repotting....

Sorce

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Let's say you are in the middle of a session and you have your SS tool in hand, and a piece of copper dropped onto your shoe and draped across it....

Then it starts to storm....

But you are in the middle of repotting....

Sorce

LMFAO

Please keep in mind mother nature does practice population control. If it is time for one to complete the electrical circuit during a storm....well

Also, do you repot during lightening storms? I do....I'm in the lightening capital of the world. Makes you grow hair on your chest HAHAHHA

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
LMFAO

Please keep in mind mother nature does practice population control. If it is time for one to complete the electrical circuit during a storm....well

Also, do you repot during lightening storms? I do....I'm in the lightening capital of the world. Makes you grow hair on your chest HAHAHHA

The last couple years I have been a little more weary, thinking I may be pushing my luck.....

But yes...I stay in the rain!

Last year we had a baseball game delayed for Hours cause of the stupid light that wouldn't go off because of some lightning God knows how far away....

Boys grandpa and I had a serious talk about putting a slug into that Damn light!

I get it....but come on!

No one gives a shit ever about the wasps nests that are always in the yellow plastic around the entire perimeter of the fence..

I just checked....

More people for from wasp/bee stings than lightning....

So there you have it.

Fucking half assed!

The only kid that should get a trophy is the one who is still out there working on his game in the storm.

Sorce

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The last couple years I have been a little more weary, thinking I may be pushing my luck.....

But yes...I stay in the rain!

The only kid that should get a trophy is the one who is still out there working on his game in the storm.

Sorce

Truth. Reminds me of when I was a kid and played Rec ball for my town. I grew up in Apex, NC...........was a small town (not anymore) All the parents would just talk it over on both sides and then tell the Ump if the game went on LOL.....

We never cared about lightening.

I always say: Better to regret something you did, than something you didn't do!

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
bonsai jack sends me these for free with every order, they are quite useful, I have 5 or 6 of them.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Waltron Really that is kind of cool! I've never ordered from them but their site is cool though sparse. Prices are super high IMO well at least compared to what is available locally so I've never ended up buying anything from there.

@A. Gorilla LOL !!!!! No trade war. I am no Bonsai Shop and am not in anyway trying to compete with anyone. Just sharing something that is available.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
it is cool, I would have to disagree and say their prices are the best out there for the material they offer, they offer free shipping, and if you buy direct from their website its cheaper than ebay or amazon. They also include little gifts with every order, like these metal chop sticks, or ph test kits, and a few other little things that are useful, not to mention a 10% coupon off your next order. I sound like a salesmen, but really im just a satisfied customer. I also buy cheaper soil materials elsewhere, but the bonsai jack products are prime stuff. now that you mention I believe they are local to you, they are in florida.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Waltron That's funny about the salesman...I feel the same about things I like!

Yes they are from FL. But I have a supplier local to me (few miles away) that I get way to good a deal to pass up on. I get gallon bags of pumice for 4 bucks. Gallon Lava 5 bucks. Premix of pumice, lava, akadama 5 bucks for a gallon. This is all 1/4 inch sifted.

Here is something interesting though on them..........for 50 2x2 drain screens on their site it's $9.45.
On their eBay store it's $5.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-2x2-Inch...964464?hash=item4629246fb0:g:XtUAAOSwq7JULaUs

I'm not sure if you've seen their eBay store but.....they are offering better prices I guess on there!!

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
if that's true than are my new favorite vendor then, lets talk! I'll buy several gallons of all 3 of those materials from you. I have my own UPS account you can bill the shipping on.

drain screens in general are a funny thing to pay for in my mind, could be because I manage a perforating business. I'll send you all drain screens your heart desires, for free, just pay shipping. any size, pretty much any material and thickness you could think of, and get this, any diameter round hole, and many shaped holes available as well, I even have over a hundred different open areas you could choose from depending on the diameter and hole spacing! you could make your custom grow boxes out of perforated material! custom colander! I do. currently experimenting with stainless and aluminum of different thicknesses and hole patterns, you can paint them any color! but PVC seems to offer the best qualities, rigidity, durability, heat sun, water resistance..

Top Bottom