Stand build #5 mountain scape

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Newest stand. Found this piece of wood that was from a tree cookie in the scrap bin of my local wood shop. Not sure the variety. Thought immediately it looked like a mountain range. Fun opportunity for a stand. I waffled on several ideas for execution. This one is big. 18” long, 12” wide, 7” tall. Could have gone several ways with it, but once I committed to the idea I was all in. I used walnut for the frame and one side is of the lighter portion you can find in walnut. So depending on how you display your tree you can have a lighter stand or a darker one. Plus, the mountain range cascades both right to left and left to right depending on the movement of your tree. The mountains set the scene and the bonsai puts you there.
it all may be a bit too distracting without the right composition.

Side note. I need to get my lighting and photo game on point.

What do you think?
View attachment 365456View attachment 365457
View attachment 365458View attachment 365459View attachment 365460
Nice refreshing look!!

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Your stands are so creative, but also formal and perfect all at the same time. So awesome.

Better be careful before you become known as the premier stand builder in the US :)

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your stands are so creative, but also formal and perfect all at the same time. So awesome.

Better be careful before you become known as the premier stand builder in the US :)
So nice of you to say bro. Your the man. I’ve got a ways to go that’s for sure, but it’s something I’m really going to push more and more in the coming years.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
1617920392023.png

....a photo @Hartinez shared with me that I hope he doesn't mind me posting.....while I favor a flush surface(what do I know?) should be enough space without too much of a "cramped" appearance.

...also reminded/clued me in about BIN......don't cheap out on Danny's work!🤘

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 366691

....a photo @Hartinez shared with me that I hope he doesn't mind me posting.....while I favor a flush surface(what do I know?) should be enough space without too much of a "cramped" appearance.

...also reminded/clued me in about BIN......don't cheap out on Danny's work!🤘
Lance my man. Can’t wait for you to get this stand.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Table arrived....and of course, it's broken!

End of one of the burls snapped where it affixes to the leg. Should be a fairly easy repair, but still. Excellent packaging and even an internal wooden frame in the box....but yet these assholes from UPS still broke it.....what can brown do for you, besides wreck yo' shit!!!

One of the litany of reasons why I don't have stuff shipped to me. Morons making bank to drive around all day with little regards to a parcels contents......'Merca!!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Table arrived....and of course, it's broken!

End of one of the burls snapped where it affixes to the leg. Should be a fairly easy repair, but still. Excellent packaging and even an internal wooden frame in the box....but yet these assholes from UPS still broke it.....what can brown do for you, besides wreck yo' shit!!!

One of the litany of reasons why I don't have stuff shipped to me. Morons making bank to drive around all day with little regards to a parcels contents......'Merca!!
Fuckkkk!!!!! That drives me crazy. Maybe I should have doubled the box size. Please please Lance. I want to make sure this is all proper. Let’s keep a dialogue to make sure your purchase is a happy one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom