Stand build off

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I didn’t finish either.
work has been crazy and I’ve been spending what time I do have on a guitar build for a violin player.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@LeonardB should get in on this. I haven't read the replies to see if he did but he does some fantastic work with burls.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Anyone else get any stands completed?
Not me! We just bought a house last fall,….-I guess as I was being delusional.
With all the little repairs and updates on the house, I’ve had a lack of spare time. Still have yet to assemble and get up the green house.
FAIL.
sorry🤣

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, I took my limited carpentry skills into my son-in-law's wood shop and made this. Poplar, dark walnut stain. Looks OK if you don't look too close at the joinery. Could work for a club show I suppose.

stand 1.jpg

Then started looking at it and all I could see was a capitol "G". Maybe this direction is better?

stand 2.jpg

A stand at the Pacific Bonsai Exhibit was the inspiration. Maybe I'll try again some day, but this one is certainly a poor imitation of the original......

stand 3.jpg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
OK, I took my limited carpentry skills into my son-in-law's wood shop and made this. Poplar, dark walnut stain. Looks OK if you don't look too close at the joinery. Could work for a club show I suppose.

View attachment 467354

Then started looking at it and all I could see was a capitol "G". Maybe this direction is better?

View attachment 467355

A stand at the Pacific Bonsai Exhibit was the inspiration. Maybe I'll try again some day, but this one is certainly a poor imitation of the original......

View attachment 467356
A worthy start, keep at it!

.....if you could have seen my first woodworking projects :rolleyes:

Top Bottom