Stand design

Bonsaimook

Seed
Reaction score
I’m in the design phase for a few smaller bonsai display stands, what are your thoughts? It’s 12”x 8” and about 2” tall. White oak construction with all hand cut mortise and tenons. I know I still need to add some detail to the top edge and legs.0CA8BA87-9813-4A21-91E5-1A14A4420877.jpegB0B722A4-31D1-47B1-B24E-8EA9B1100529.jpeg

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
It’s better than I could do by far, but it is a little chunky for my taste.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Speaking as a carpenter, it’s simple, neat and well made. I like the white oak too! Well done!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
The basic lines are quite nice. I like the basics, but it is a bit heavy. Look at this thread posted by Mach5, https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/ube-exhibition-january-21-23-2022.53698/

and particularly

Look at the stands used in these formal displays. They use similar lines as your stand, just much thinner elements. The stand should be thin, light and airy, it should separate the bonsai from the "earth".

Reaction score
I think it looks great! Please repost when you add the detail work. Are you thinking about selling some?

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I’m in the design phase for a few smaller bonsai display stands, what are your thoughts? It’s 12”x 8” and about 2” tall. White oak construction with all hand cut mortise and tenons. I know I still need to add some detail to the top edge and legs.View attachment 417565View attachment 417566
Clean look, well executed. Smaller legs would aid it visually, Or even chamfered edges to reduce the blocky form. Some curve or roundness to the legs or mid brace form would aid the overall design. Would work best with a very Masculine style pot and tree with similar lines. The majority of show pots have some curve and thus would clash with the stand being all straight angles.

Bonsaimook

Seed
Reaction score
I think it looks great! Please repost when you add the detail work. Are you thinking about selling some?
Thank you, I do plan to sell these once I have the design finalized. Let me know or follow me on Instagram @mkscustomcreations

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thank you, I do plan to sell these once I have the design finalized. Let me know or follow me on Instagram @mkscustomcreations
I just realized who you are on IG. I like your workshop, looks like you have a nice setup. I was a 62J when I was in, you?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thank you, I was a 63B with 3rd ID.
We liked you guys when you fixed our SEE truck. I was with SETAF before 173rd got reactivated, then we were moved under 173rd. Seems like it was yesterday.....but it's been 20+ yrs now.

Bonsaimook

Seed
Reaction score
We liked you guys when you fixed our SEE truck. I was with SETAF before 173rd got reactivated, then we were moved under 173rd. Seems like it was yesterday.....but it's been 20+ yrs now.
Construction equipment was the worst! Been about 10 years for me…goes by fast!

Top Bottom