Standard JM stock for root grafts?

theta

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I want to start some root grafts this year on one of my trees. Does anyone have a good resource for buying a bunch of seedlings/saplings to use?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd make cuttings this year and shift the schedule.

Sorce

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I want to start some root grafts this year on one of my trees. Does anyone have a good resource for buying a bunch of seedlings/saplings to use?

You can purchase them also from Matt Ouwinga in late winter. In any case I would advise against making root grafts at this point. It is too late now. I am not worried about the tree receiving the grafts, but rather about the seedlings being used; in other words, they may suffer in the process and not give you best chance for success.

theta

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ahhh ok, thanks for your insight. I'll hold off then for now. What time should I look at starting that process?

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ahhh ok, thanks for your insight. I'll hold off then for now. What time should I look at starting that process?

Ideally in a year where the tree will also need to be repotted in early spring. That way it will be much easier to work through the roots and create enough space to fit the roots of the saplings.

theta

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Makes sense! Alright, well next spring I'll be repotting my maple, working the roots and attaching a bunch of root grafts!

Top Bottom