starting a portulacaria afra. check out my portulacaria afra

cdefoe

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
i picked up a portulacaria afra from a local nursery and got it into a bonsai pot. check out my portulacaria afra

eJ36Y8O.jpg

VZInbk4.jpg

KSDKrCk.jpg

ANYlgEE.jpg

thanks for checking out my portulacaria afra, y'all

cdefoe

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
agreed. this came out of a 5 gallon nursery container. gonna let it grow probably for at least a year under my lights before considering chopping it back again and continuing to develop the core branch structure/taper

excited about this lil dude's humble beginnings tho

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good for you! Great way to start learning about bonsai.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Congrats! I've pondered over the years of adding one. I am told they are rather easy to take care of. Actually bid on a cascade dwarf over on 99Cent auction this week. But when outbid by the original first bidder. I decided, to let it go and go after the ficus I ended up winning, I don't like watching two auctions ending at the same time. So...someone was happy they won it. Wishing you luck on your journey!

Nemoose

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Congrats! I've pondered over the years of adding one. I am told they are rather easy to take care of. Actually bid on a cascade dwarf over on 99Cent auction this week. But when outbid by the original first bidder. I decided, to let it go and go after the ficus I ended up winning, I don't like watching two auctions ending at the same time. So...someone was happy they won it. Wishing you luck on your journey!

I am considering taking last low left branch into a semi cascade style.

Top Bottom