Starting my first tanuki project

DRIFTER7777

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7&8
Hello all starting my first tanuki project..got some deadwood from my locial petsmart.
so far i have been sanding with a dremel to bring out the pure white in it and then i will be applying the lime sulfer..this is what ive done so far let me know what you think

IMG_20121015_100210.jpg

IMG_20121015_100411.jpg

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Good stuff! Make sure you get all the bark off, it's easier to do now than later. Before you attach the whip, cut a C shaped groove the entire length of where you want it to go, then secure with small nails, or a wrapping of some sort. The reason for the C shape groove, is so when the whip grows larger, it will overgrow the groove, then hold its self in place. Have fun!

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score
Hello all starting my first tanuki project..got some deadwood from my locial petsmart.
so far i have been sanding with a dremel to bring out the pure white in it and then i will be applying the lime sulfer..this is what ive done so far let me know what you think

View attachment 26976

View attachment 26977
Thinking of tanuki myself with this new deadwood find on ebay. The piece looks like it would split right down the middle without too much touble. I was thinking to cut it in half ( the long way ) and clamshell it back together around the right specimen. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Deadwood 7-2016DSC01367.jpg
    Deadwood 7-2016DSC01367.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom