starting over

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
this is a story about a collected ficus with a decent trunk and taper with potential to be bonsai. the branches and canopy were left to grow wild until recently. unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture before I started cutting things off, so the bushy tree below is kinda like this tree looked before I started. once underway, I realized the best route to go was to cut everything off and essentially start building branches and a new top from scratch. I ended up saving 3 main branches plus the beginning of a future apex. the structure for a future bonsai is there .

best wishes, sam

DSC01170.jpgDSC01165.jpgDSC01166.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Again...nice material your developing. Threads like this opens my eyes to understanding that...it's okay to go back to practically square one. By pruning hard...to develop more what you've started...for a better overall finished look. Nice material as always...again...when I see a thread posted by you Sam I get all excited...never knowing if it might be a bougainvillea or something else...but you always impress me by your mature collected material.

My wildest dream...is to be lost in your backyard for awhile... :eek:

Top Bottom