Stay safe today and tonight!

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Pretty much all of the SE US is under some sort of severe weather forecast for today and tonight. We here in parts of North and West GA, along with much of AL and MS, are in the enhanced to moderate risk region, with good chances for severe thunderstorms and long track tornadoes this afternoon and overnight.
1586727084889.png
I spent part of the afternoon moving many of my trees off their benches and onto the ground in anticipation of a stormy night... I'll take 3 feet of snow any day over this crap! Here's to everyone being ok tomorrow when the dust clears!

Here's a few pictures of my very tall JWP taken from a perspective rarely seen as the trees and I prepared to shelter in place...
IMG_3973.jpgIMG_3974.jpgIMG_3975.jpg

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Up my way they are calling for a night with periods of rain with temps in the 50's. Tomorrow night however is supposed to be colder, so will have to check back then. Thanks for the heads up. 👍 😁

BuckeyeOne

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Rain starting around 9pm thru noon tomorrow. Winds gusting to 60 mph with temps in the low 30's.
Welcome to spring!!🤬

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I am in a rather strategic geographical location, but Tuesday night we had pockets of up to 80 mph winds.
A micro burst destroyed a used car dealership in St Albans, including 120 cars damaged.
Last year an F-0 tornado hit a couple miles from my doublewide just out the road towards a small airport.
These transitional months can be rather detrimental to repots, lightweight pots and heavy foliage windsails.
Stay safe

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Oh and I have to set the garbage out tonight with a TORCON index of 2.
I know that's shabby, but here, that's rather elevated. Was 30º F. yesterday morning
and I have I think 5 newly repotted plants. Another reason to err on the post Summer solstice side of potting + the wind.

BuckeyeOne

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I'd have that azalea in the house right beside me!
Yeah, it looks good right now, but it’s gotten so wide it’s hard to get it through the door. Plus they’re really thirsty when they’re in full bloom, so I think the blooms will last a little longer if it stays outside.

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Batten down the hatches and hucker down! Stay safe y'all! We're finally getting some long awaited spring-like weather here in Oregon and starting to see some bud movement on my deciduous trees.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I moved some of my trees to the ground, and have candles and flashlights in the bathroom (our innermost room). My wife and I are splitting the night watch. We don't usually have storms like this roll through during the night. I shouldn't expect much less after the last 4-6 weeks.

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I hope everyone made it through the night ok. I am just south of Atlanta and we had a relatively calm night. However, we had tornados touchdown 15 miles to the north and about 20 miles to the south of us.

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
We received almost 2.5 inches of rain between 1:30 and 2:30 this morning, but no serious wind damage. Not a very restful night for sure. Glad it's over.
Pretty much the same here. We have several large oak trees surrounding our house. As soon as I finish "teaching" today I will spend an hour picking up all the small branches.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wind didn't arrive last night, we expect to get it today at some point, but I'm happy that it will be during the day. Hope everyone down south made it safely thru the night.

Top Bottom