Stewartia

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I’m looking for seedlings or plugs. Many wholesale nurseries won’t sell to private individuals.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks like Bill has sold out... internationalbonsai. Look early next year. Also specify which stewartia you're looking for

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After Artisans cup bought one $8 one from Garland Nursery. Sold last year on Craigslist for $30.. Where were you? Try Garlands; who knows🤨? Have even seen Princess Persimmons there:eek:.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know @Owen Reich had some bigguns, maybe he knows who is rooting some of them branches.

Sorce

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
How many are you wanting?

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I found a local wholesale nursery in Salem that has stewartia. They have one-year-old plugs and two-year-old seedlings. The only problem is I have to buy 100 in order for them to sell to me. If anybody want some or wants to go in on some let me know. I’d be a specially excited if they lived somewhere near Salem Oregon

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I found a local wholesale nursery in Salem that has stewartia. They have one-year-old plugs and two-year-old seedlings. The only problem is I have to buy 100 in order for them to sell to me. If anybody want some or wants to go in on some let me know. I’d be a specially excited if they lived somewhere near Salem Oregon
Is this Heritage seedlings by chance?

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
It’s is, the other nursery I called has a $500 minimum
Easy enough to sort with a group buy. Sounds like a new thread. I’m good on seedlings personally, but a group of people should be growing these for bonsai. Not that hard starting from seed, air layer, cuttings (with fungicide pretreated media) etc. I’d buy some 3-5 year old ones one day.

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
A few people grow in New England. Not easy to find more developed ones. Species is tough as nails.

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I don't normally like to mess with seedlings but I would take a few of these. Typical stewartia bonsai stock is usually pricey, so I'd be willing to invest the time on a few seedlings and see what happens.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It’s is, the other nursery I called has a $500 minimum
Perhaps 6 years past I phoned and asked: is it possible? Two small Oaks with a handful of free Jap Maples delivered a few days later. Never hurts to ask😁!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Perhaps 6 years past I phoned and asked: is it possible? Two small Oaks with a handful of free Jap Maples delivered a few days later. Never hurts to ask😁!

You're so right!

If their wording is working to thwart most idiot retail buyers, they won't mind someone who is respectful and understanding of the operations calling every now and then.

Just don't expect to make some douche retail order like, "1 Fukien Tea cutting and a raisin please!"

Sorce

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I I found a nursery that will sell me 25 if I pay cash and pick them up. They have seedlings, 2-3’ and 4-5’

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How much cash? Have enough club members wanting these to make worthwhile?

Top Bottom