Sticky stuff

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
First time to read this!
Your work is very, very good @Ruben Bouwmeester and after some time the process of aging will make them better and better, I think.

I have a question for you, if I may.
Do you use any kind of bonding liquid when applying each layer? I am wondering how cement can adhere on cement...
Thanks.

P.S.: I have created a rock using melted (partly - just for creating shapes) expanded polystyrene as a base and pouring cement over it.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is an exceptional post of a fantastic idea exquisitely executed. Thank you. Can't wait for the video.

Boerboel313

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Holy Sh+#. Those are amazing. You need to make a few YouTube vids on your process. I live in SoCal. that is pure art.
I’d love to maybe purchase a Dino egg and or small slab if possible. I’m guessing customs would be a nightmare.

Boerboel313

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Realized herniated Comment wasn’t about my avatar. So I deleted what a I wrote. Lol. Sorry. Beautiful work.

Reaction score
First time to read this!
Your work is very, very good @Ruben Bouwmeester and after some time the process of aging will make them better and better, I think.

I have a question for you, if I may.
Do you use any kind of bonding liquid when applying each layer? I am wondering how cement can adhere on cement...
Thanks.

P.S.: I have created a rock using melted (partly - just for creating shapes) expanded polystyrene as a base and pouring cement over it.
Thanks.
When the cement mix is still not hardend you can ad a second layer, or else you have too burn it with only cement. I had some problems with cracks in the beginning. How you are drying is very important.

There is this italian guy who makes rock from polystyrene with lava. He is on Facebook on the name Vulcanic Art
https://www.google.nl/search?q=vulc...BAgGEAE&biw=1436&bih=828#imgrc=7pm-wFP3iU2L4M:

Top Bottom