Still around

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Figured I'd just make a quick post because some guys might be wondering where I have been since this is the first time in a couple weeks I have been on the site. 2 weeks ago my Sister when into respiratory failure and they had to revive her, she's been in the ICU on ventilator since then and we are waiting for a biopsy results to come back. So haven't been online hardly at all for a couple weeks, mostly been at the hospital and with family. Will be back around here soon as I can, hope things are back to normal for us soon. keeping fingers crossed and praying things turn out well.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So sorry to hear, that has to be very hard for you. My sister is my best friend. Wishing the best for her, and you.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You seem like a nice fellow @Steve C and I hope things work out positively for your sisters medical condition.

I haven't talked to my older sister since around the time @WeeMac was born, near six years. But that's for another post!:confused::(:D:D:D:D

Peace and best wishes, Steve. Your family will be in my thoughts. Don't worry, I've got broad shoulders, brother!:cool:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Health issues suck. Hope all gets better soon.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I haven't talked to my older sister since around the time @WeeMac was born, near six years.
Maybe, be the bigger person, we only get one family and life is short...... (sorry if I'm sticking my nose, where it doesn't belong)

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
She has something called Thymoma which is a mass in front of her heart, as well as aplastic anemia and Myasthenia gravis which are all linked together they said. They need to do surgery to remove the mass but they want to get her off the ventilator first before the surgery. So we are having to play the waiting game while they try to get her breathing on her own more. The good news is they finally moved her out of ICU yesterday so that was good, she had been in ICU for over 2 weeks. Just have to wait to see if the meds help her to breath on her own better before they do surgery. I'm not good at waiting, I feel like my life has been "paused" for the past 3 weeks now, just want to get her over this and better again.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
She has something called Thymoma which is a mass in front of her heart, as well as aplastic anemia and Myasthenia gravis which are all linked together they said. They need to do surgery to remove the mass but they want to get her off the ventilator first before the surgery. So we are having to play the waiting game while they try to get her breathing on her own more. The good news is they finally moved her out of ICU yesterday so that was good, she had been in ICU for over 2 weeks. Just have to wait to see if the meds help her to breath on her own better before they do surgery. I'm not good at waiting, I feel like my life has been "paused" for the past 3 weeks now, just want to get her over this and better again.
Hang in there, Steve. It sounds like things are finally progressing and there's a light at the end of the tunnel... still have my fingers crossed.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Glad that they have a diagnosis, waiting for that can be excruciating. At least now there is a plan of action. MG is a hard one, but there are some good meds out there for it. One of my dogs had that and it paralyzed him until we got a diagnosis for MG. meds fixed it right up.
Hang in there...

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well now today some of the doctors are now talking about wanting to do the surgery to remove the mass as soon as sometime next week. That scares my Sister because she's afraid of surgery, especially with the mass being so close to the heart. I am very glad they are talking about doing it this soon though because the past month has just been so bad with her laying in that bed in limbo with no progress towards getting better. So I think once they do this and get that mass out of her I believe that will be the point when we can start working towards her getting better.

She's got an MRI tomorrow and because of her claustrophobia they have to knock her out for it so I most likely won't be going to see her tomorrow since she's be tied up most the day. So I think I am going to take a mental health day and spend a few hours on the river tomorrow to mend my mind. I don't even care if I catch anything or not, will just be nice to get my mind fixed for a bit while on the water.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I am going to take a mental health day
That sounds like a very good idea. I've spent a fair amount of time sitting in hospitals with ailing parents, it is draining. Try to enjoy the day, and wishing the best for your sister's recovery.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It really is. It's amazing how draining just sitting in a hospital can actually be on you even just sitting there doing nothing. It's to the point now where the days all seem to run together and I can't remember what day of the week it is because every day is a carbon copy of the next.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I wish your sister the best for her recovery.
I wish you and your family strength and patience. Be united around her!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Try to break up your days at the hospital with a little activity, if possible. Even walking a couple of times around the block helps get you some fresh air, keeps the blood flowing, and breaks you out of mental stasis.

Here's to hoping for good news with your sis.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Try to break up your days at the hospital with a little activity, if possible. Even walking a couple of times around the block helps get you some fresh air, keeps the blood flowing, and breaks you out of mental stasis.

Here's to hoping for good news with your sis.

You'd be amazed how much I have walked IN the hospital lol. I'm one of those people with anxious energy and don't do well just sitting. So I'll sit with my Sister for an hour then go walk the hospital for a bit then come back and sit with her. I don't do cell phones (gave mine up 18 yrs ago and never looked back) but I started a week ago taking my Mom's with me when I walk to see how far I was walking. In one week I walked 26 miles inside the hospital :D I now know that place inside out so well I've been helping people that look lost find where they need to go lol

Top Bottom