still no improvement...

Lottie

Sapling
Reaction score
Okay so I know it's still early days, but I repotted Frank on Tuesday with what was recommended by some of you, in cat litter and a soil mix, and bought some fungicide as recommended by some also and sprayed him first time on Thursday with that. He's still producing a lot of yellow leaves, some with dark spots, (as can see from pics he's also producing healthy new green leaves too) do I just need to be more patient?

Also this new soil mix I made for him, seems to still be damp from when I last watered him on Tuesday...is this bad? I havnt watered him since as I don't want his roots to get too wet.

In pictures is the cat litter I used and the fungicide I bought

??

Thanks for everyone's advice

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 61

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
I tried kitty litter once, and never again, it stays damp and turns to muddy clay, yours looks to be of better quality, tho. I use a mix of NAPA floor dry, soil and tiny gravel or turface. What works for me may not be good for the UK, tho. You probably need something better draining. I can't keep up with the watering in a typical bonsai soil due to the FLA heat.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Tesco low dust is the good stuff. Danish moler clay. That part shouldn't be an issue at all.

I would just wait now and give it time to recover from the repot. In June and July you should have a better idea of how it has responded.

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
Tesco low dust is the good stuff. Danish moler clay. That part shouldn't be an issue at all.

I would just wait now and give it time to recover from the repot. In June and July you should have a better idea of how it has responded.
ok, just familiar with the junk kitty litter they sell here. That does sound like good stuff.

Lottie

Sapling
Reaction score

Ahh cool okay, thanks ? I thought I was just being impatient lol ?

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Did you bare rooted the tree and washed all old soil away? If yes, just wait. Your soil is good quality one. The tree till rooted well might not "consume" too much water and soil stays wetter for a longer time.

Cattwooduk

Shohin
Reaction score
Are those new yellow leaves that it's actively producing/existing leaves still yellowing, or are they mostly the same ones as before?
The fact it is putting out some nice fresh growth is a good sign. It's only been a few days since the re-potting so I'd guess it'll take a little longer yet to balance out whatever the issue may be if it was soil-based.

Top Bottom