Still waiting for spring in Wisconsin

B-funk allstars

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
When will spring arrive? When oh when? Back down to the 20s this weekend and it’s snowing again.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Attachments

• 7698844C-4E36-4D4D-B629-9404C9CB43BC.jpeg
    7698844C-4E36-4D4D-B629-9404C9CB43BC.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 18

IzzyG

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Seeing just a bit of frost this weekend down here in SE WI. At least it’s only going to be for a few days. Definitely ready for spring to come.

Or if it’s typical WI, it’ll skip spring all together and jump right into summer.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Seeing just a bit of frost this weekend down here in SE WI. At least it’s only going to be for a few days. Definitely ready for spring to come.

Or if it’s typical WI, it’ll skip spring all together and jump right into summer.

Stepping here, as well..between green bay (la Baye) and the lake.

I ALSO began making a heated greenhouse to add an extra month to my 1-3 year seedlings, collections and repots in "spring".

So I knew what I was in for.

🤣🤣

OP.. where are you within Wisconsin? Proximity to lakes changes a lot.

B-funk allstars

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Stepping here, as well..between green bay (la Baye) and the lake.

I ALSO began making a heated greenhouse to add an extra month to my 1-3 year seedlings, collections and repots in "spring".

So I knew what I was in for.

🤣🤣

OP.. where are you within Wisconsin? Proximity to lakes changes a lot.
I’m in Hudson, due East of the twin cities. So I’m usually unlucky enough to get some polar vortex. But lucky enough to live in 4b. I used to live in Milwaukee and the lakes make a big difference.

IzzyG

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’m in Hudson, due East of the twin cities. So I’m usually unlucky enough to get some polar vortex. But lucky enough to live in 4b. I used to live in Milwaukee and the lakes make a big difference.
I heard there were a lot of northern cities that was declared state of emergency due to absurd flooding. The worst residents have seen in 50 years. Crazy weather!

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
How are the sand bags holding up?
I haven’t been over to Stillwater in a bit, but last I heard the lift bridge was almost in water?

B-funk allstars

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
How are the sand bags holding up?
I haven’t been over to Stillwater in a bit, but last I heard the lift bridge was almost in water?
Last pic I saw of the lift bridge it was up to the bottom of it. A ton of debris piled up. A large portion of lake front park in Hudson was submerged when we walked onto the dike this weekend. I can imagine that Stillwater already had sand bags deployed. Not the worst flooding I’ve seen since living here but it might be getting close to it.

B-funk allstars

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
I heard there were a lot of northern cities that was declared state of emergency due to absurd flooding. The worst residents have seen in 50 years. Crazy weather!
The St.Croix river is getting pretty high so far in Hudson but not the worst I’ve seen since living here. Yet…

Top Bottom