Stimulus money

Warlock

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got my stimulus and of course we taking care of family needs first. But I wanna spend abit on a tree..

Something I can walk outside and be proud to see. Everything I have is just growing out stock. I deserve a nice tree, right?

Just need to convince wife to let spend a "Stimmy $$". Any one else stimulating the bonsai economy?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
yes I am thinking about buying a nice tree as well.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
No, no desire to hunt for a tree. I'm content. I've sort of fallen back to projects...I so enjoy the journey. But can respect wanting a more finished tree...even if just a specimen Pre-Bonsai if that is what funds will permit.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Our stimulus checks will put a dent in our real estate taxes. But I work, and am trying to be a bit more selective and buy better trees, so always looking. Got a few nice ones from Zach Smith last year. I finally learned it's better to buy one nice tree, than 5 crappy ones.

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Our stimulus money is all earmarked for family. One of our mothers loves to give cash gifts at Christmas but hasn't been able to work since the pandemic closed schools... A daughter is pregnant and still has medical debt from baby #1... A niece lost her father to Covid right before Christmas and was expected to help pay his expenses... All these rels got stimulus money too, but that doesn't mean we can't still give them a boost.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Our stimulus money is all earmarked for family. One of our mothers loves to give cash gifts at Christmas but hasn't been able to work since the pandemic closed schools... A daughter is pregnant and still has medical debt from baby #1... A niece lost her father to Covid right before Christmas and was expected to help pay his expenses... All these rels got stimulus money too, but that doesn't mean we can't still give them a boost.
Good for you! Sounds like an awesome use for it.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Our stimulus checks will put a dent in our real estate taxes. But I work, and am trying to be a bit more selective and buy better trees, so always looking. Got a few nice ones from Zach Smith last year. I finally learned it's better to buy one nice tree, than 5 crappy ones.
Tell me about it ...1.5 years into the hobby and I've learned that the hard way lol. Last week was the first time I went to a bonsai nursery and walk out with nothing lol. I was quite proud of my self knowing that I've upgraded my taste in trees.

BonsaiDTLA

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tell me about it ...1.5 years into the hobby and I've learned that the hard way lol. Last week was the first time I went to a bonsai nursery and walk out with nothing lol. I was quite proud of my self knowing that I've upgraded my taste in trees.
Like that trident you got :cool:

Top Bottom