Stolen Bonsai!

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
My friend and club member had 3 trees stolen last night at 3:30 AM in Sacramento, CA . Unfortunately the security video wasn't clear enough to identify the two thieves. Here are two trees, a cork bark black pine and a pomegranate. Also taken was a hornbeam forest.
thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Click click.

Sorce

SWfloirda

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Happened to me last year. Maddening. I doubt they pop up here in Florida but I'll keep my eye out on the internet.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I never can understand what people think they are going to do with them. It's very hard to resell them because they are so recognizable.

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I never can understand what people think they are going to do with them. It's very hard to resell them because they are so recognizable.

It depends on the class of criminal.

When we lived in the city, our car window was smashed for the $3 in toll change in the ash tray. Cop told us that's $3 they didn't have before and all it cost them was a rock they picked up off the ground.

The trees may be very valuable, but criminals may sell them for $5 on a street corner to the average Joe who knows shit about bonsai and would never recognize them. The criminals still come out ahead by their measure.

Criminals are more rational than we think...but motivated by a different set of goals :(

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
My friend and club member had 3 trees stolen last night at 3:30 AM in Sacramento, CA . Unfortunately the security video wasn't clear enough to identify the two thieves. Here are two trees, a cork bark black pine and a pomegranate. Also taken was a hornbeam forest.
View attachment 386146View attachment 386147
We are down here in Fresno Paul, I’ll pass along to club president

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Soo sorry to hear! At least the thieves had good taste. 🙄

Top Bottom