Stolen Trees

Colin3o8

Seedling
Reaction score
These two trees and a few others were stolen from our small greenhouse and floral shop a few days ago. We are hoping that maybe someone will recognize them if we post in enough places. Thank you for looking. We aren't nearly as mad about the money lost as we are about how these trees are almost certainly in the hands of someone who doesn't appreciate them or know how to care for them. Thanks again for you time.

Attachments

• 100083148_256587668785646_9132083387446591488_n.jpg
    100083148_256587668785646_9132083387446591488_n.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 116
  • 100354494_2626676827590657_7817588305540677632_n.jpg
    100354494_2626676827590657_7817588305540677632_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 112

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thieves make my blood boil.....
Same. A year ago they jumped my fence and stole my two best developed ones. Just ripped them out the pots and fled with them....leaving the pots behind. Tagged my fence to...I could kill !!!
Now I have CCTV, security lights and a infra red motion detecting alarm up.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Same. A year ago they jumped my fence and stole my two best developed ones. Just ripped them out the pots and fled with them....leaving the pots behind. Tagged my fence to...I could kill !!!
Wow.....brazen fools.
I'm glad that I was able to move away from that.....for now.
I grew up in Baltimore City, being a constant victim of theft of all kinds....
Def could kill.....I feel ya.

Colin3o8

Seedling
Reaction score
Thieves make my blood boil.....
CCTV is actually on the way now. Too bad we didn't have it before though. Makes your blood boil for sure.

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Security system won't do much if the authorities are like around here. Crime committed, call and get a report number.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You need to go to the upper right corner, click on your Icon and enter your location. Bump this post about once a week to keep it alive.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

I'm thinking it's a premature post.

This could keep em from being posted.

Either way, I hope someone takes a face punch!

Rats.

Sorce

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
There was a big theft at a nursery in SoCal, and I'm not sure to what extent they ever recovered. The thieves drove up behind the nursery in a truck and cut through a chain link fence. I heard they took quite a number of trees - including some that were chained down and retailed for $1000's.

The nursery installed a barred security fence that they now lock at night. However this also reduced their bonsai area in size. Thieves suck.

fence.jpg

Though sometimes the thieves are bonsai enthusiasts, there are times they are not - and are just attracted to the trees as something they perceive as being valuable. In one case, at an exhibition in Florida, they caught a thief on security camera as he walked off with a large tree when the exhibition was being taken down. The Police were able to track the suspect to his home and recover the tree... and the individual had no experience in bonsai.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
These two trees and a few others were stolen from our small greenhouse and floral shop a few days ago. We are hoping that maybe someone will recognize them if we post in enough places. Thank you for looking. We aren't nearly as mad about the money lost as we are about how these trees are almost certainly in the hands of someone who doesn't appreciate them or know how to care for them. Thanks again for you time.
Sorry for your losses.

Security system won't do much if the authorities are like around here. Crime committed, call and get a report number.
Yes, but without that report number you can't claim a loss for the year when doing taxes or put in a claim to your insurance.....everything has to be documented on paper.

Top Bottom